The gaming industry has grown in leaps and bounds over the last two decades and has become one of the leading entertainment industries in the world today with this trend only predicted to continue. This has meant that there is an abundance of opportunities available to aspiring Games Developers who are looking to start a career in the industry.
Who should take this course
Anyone looking to start a career in the field of games development.
Our Games Development 101 course bundle is designed to help you gain the skills that are needed to not only design your characters, but also animate and program them in a 2D hack and slash side scroller. The course is divided into three separate stages, each of which will bring you a step closer to your career as a Games Developer.
Stage one will focus on character design using traditional drawing techniques and teaches the basics of the Adobe Photoshop interface and features.
Stage two looks at the 12 principles of animation as used by Disney Animation Studios and guides you through the process of animating your character.
Stage three is where you will place your character into a hack and slash side scrolling game using the Unity games engine.
What you will learn:
- Traditional drawing practices
- Character design basics
- Adobe Photoshop interface and features
- The 12 principles of animation
- Rough Attack Keys using Pose to Pose
- Introduction to Unity
- Camera Controllers
Why study online?
Technological improvements and advances in educational design mean that studying online is no longer just a low cost alternative to traditional training methods. In many respects our online courses offer training which is superior to the majority of available classroom options.
Not only is the effectiveness of the training process enhanced, but also the convenience and overall cost efficiency of studying online makes it a compelling option for training. You can learn at your own pace and can repeat each section as many times as required, unlike in a traditional classroom environment.
Studying at your own pace, rewinding and going over the material as often as you need improves your long-term memory retention and makes studying more rewarding.
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Character Design Course:
- Lesson 1: Researching your Hero Character
- Lesson 2: Developing your Hero Character Design
- Lesson 3: Using tablet pressure in Photoshop
- Lesson 4: Import your Hero Character for Scale and Clean-up
- Lesson 5: Sketching your Hero Character's Head
- Lesson 6: Inking your Hero Character
- Lesson 7: Designing your Hero Character's Costume
- Lesson 8: Painting your Hero Character
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Character Animation Course:
- Lesson 1: The 12 Principles of Animation
- Lesson 2: Skeleton Key Frames for Walk Cycle
- Lesson 3: Skeleton Inbetweens for Walk Cycle
- Lesson 4: Walk Cycle Solid Drawing Straight Ahead
- Lesson 5: Rough Attack Keys using Pose to Pose
- Lesson 6: Rough Attack Extremes using Pose to Pose
- Lesson 7: Rough Attack Breakdowns using Pose to Pose
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Game Development Course:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Unity
- Lesson 2: Game Objects
- Lesson 3: Components
- Lesson 4: API
- Lesson 5: Setting up a Unity project
- Lesson 6: Layers and Tags
- Lesson 7: Game space Object and Prefabs
- Lesson 8: Adding our Hero
- Lesson 9: Adding an Enemy
- Lesson 10: Collision
- Lesson 11: Camera Controllers
- Lesson 12: Adding Animations
- Lesson 13: Player Attack
- Lesson 14: Enemy Attack
- Lesson 15: Populating the Scene
- Lesson 16: Health Bar
- Lesson 17: Health Bottles
- Lesson 18: Main Menu
- Lesson 19: Pause, Win and Lose
- Lesson 20: Polishing and Debugging
- Lesson 21: Parallaxing
About Course Provider
Located in Sittingbourne, Kent in the United Kingdom, ITonlinelearning was founded by Jeremy Dargie in 2009. Our aim is to help both aspiring and seasoned professionals gain internationally recognised, accredited certifications that enable them to begin and develop their careers and develop into sought after and well-versed professionals.
We are able to tailor your courses to your specific needs, giving you the opportunity to study courses on offer from world-leading companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, PRINCE2, Adobe, NEBOSH and CIW, to name but a few. These certifications will help you, like thousands others, reach your certification goals and beyond, ensuring that you develop your chosen career into a lucrative and rewarding profession.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.