About this Course:
A Git Workflow is a recommendation for how to use Git to accomplish best from it.
- More consistent, productive work for developers.
- More effective work inside of the team.
- More flexible way to manage code changes.
- There is no silver bullet for how to work with Git.
- No standards.
- When team have a coding workflow, it's important to understand the logic of how changes should be applied into codebase.
- There a few worldwide used popular Git workflows.
We'll be discussing them during this course. Why to Care about Git workflow you can ask me. It's actually better to start care about before things get painful :)
- Case1 - You are trying to a manage the integrity of a code base that has numerous developers jumping in and out. And you get a conflicting release schedule.
- Case2 - When you get tired of wondering why features are disappearing before deployment.
- Case3 - When you don't have time to dig through the commit diffs of 500 commits to find out why a push from a specific person causes major unintended changes to your project.
- Case4 - When a feature that's not ready for release sneaks its way into production and whole project can be broken.
- Case5 - When you can't have a conversation, explaining to clients/team leader (again) that you can't release feature X because feature Y has not yet cleared QA.
I hope you see, there a lot of things can be avoided by applying a clean workflow.
When you choose a git workflow for your project, you should have answer for 5 major questions:
- How much visibility do you need?
- How much flexibility do you need?
- Is collaboration important to your workflow?
- How much control do you need?
- How important is ease of use to you?
- I'm sure that during course you'll get a better understanding of what type of workflow should be incorporated.
- You should understand the basics of Git
Who should take this course
Developers that wants to extend their knowledge about different ways to collaborate, using git.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- How to collaborate inside of development team by using git workflows
- What is a centralized workflow and how it works
- What is a feature branch workflow and how it works
- What is a forking workflow and how it works
- What is a gitflow workflow and how it works
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.