About this Course:
When I started my freelance copywriting business way back in 1991, I had zero experience as a copywriter. I had no clients, I had no samples, and I had not written a single word of promotional copy, ever, for anyone. And yet within a few weeks of starting out, I was earning money as a freelance copywriter.
That was twenty-six years ago. Today, getting started is even easier. And even harder. I've worked as a freelance copywriter and as a staff copywriter at ad agencies. I have written in all of the channels: offline, online, outdoor, mobile and broadcast.
I have written print ads, radio commercials, email newsletters, sales letters, banner ads, product packaging, brochures, factsheets, case studies, slogans and plenty more for Apple, IBM, Bell, Re/Max, Hilton Hotels and hundreds of other clients worldwide. I've written copy for some of the top agencies in the world, including Blitz, Cossette, J. Walter Thompson and Leo Burnett. I got married, bought a house, and raised two kids on my freelance copywriting salary alone.
In case you're wondering, I've been teaching copywriting since 1995.
What you'll learn:
Welcome to Freelance Copywriter in a Week. This course teaches you how to start a freelance copywriting business in a week. I teach you the steps I took to get started. And I teach you the lessons I learned along the way as I freelanced for businesses, agencies and non-profit organizations in North America and around the world. At the end of this course, you'll know how to launch your freelance copywriting business in seven days.
- Learn seven proven steps to get started as a freelance copywriter
- This course is divided into seven sections, each one corresponding to a day of the week.
- On day one, you create your portfolio. I tell you why you need a portfolio, what you need in your portfolio, and how to create an effective portfolio from scratch.
- On day two, you brand yourself. I teach you how to brand yourself with a company name, a website, and branded email.
- On day three, you pick your perfect client. We examine the three major markets for your freelance copywriting services, and I describe the qualities you need to look for in the perfect client.
- On day four, you perfect your pitch. I teach you the two ways you need to pitch yourself to potential clients. And I describe the questions you need to answer whenever you are out looking for business.
- On day five, you start looking for business. Without paying clients, you'll go broke. I teach you how to pick up the phone and talk to potential clients. I teach you what to say, when to say it, and how to present yourself professionally so that prospective clients hire you.
- On day six, you draft a letter of agreement. I teach you how to quote copywriting jobs, how to write a simple contract, and how to get agreements in writing.
- On day seven, you start your first freelance copywriting project professionally. I teach you the things you need to do to appear professional from day one. And I give you helpful tips on how and when to invoice your first client.
- Bonus lecture,The course ends with a bonus lecture.I tell you the things you need to do AFTER you have launched your freelance copywriting business, the things that will guarantee your long-term success.
- Follow my practical, step-by-step advice
This course is filled with practical, step-by-step advice, tools, tips and tricks that I've learned over the years as a freelance copywriter. I use dozens of examples from the real world of freelancing. I describe what works, and what doesn't work. I tell you about mistakes, and how you can avoid them. You will also learn, indirectly, from other successful freelance copywriters. We'll look at how they brand themselves, how they describe their services, how they pitch themselves, how they set themselves apart from competing copywriters, and plenty more.
Are you an ideal student for this course?
- I designed this course for copywriters and aspiring copywriters who want to start a freelance copywriting business.
- This course does not teach copywriting. It doesn't teach a single thing about how to write copy.
This course teaches you how to become a freelance copywriter in seven days. It teaches you the steps you must take to brand yourself, find clients, pitch yourself, land clients, negotiate agreements, conduct yourself like a professional freelance copywriter, and get paid.
Join the course now
Learn more about the course by reviewing the course description and course outline below. Watch the free preview lessons. Read the reviews from my satisfied students. Then enroll today.
- You must know how to write copy
- You must understand that this course does not teach copywriting
- You must want to start your own freelance copywriting business
Who should take this course
Who this course is for:
- Copywriters who want to start their own freelance copywriting business
- Writers who want to freelance as copywriters
- Entrepreneurs who can follow a proven, seven-step plan for launching a freelance copywriting business
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- How to build a portfolio that attracts clients
- How to name your company
- How to build a website that showcases your copywriting business
- How to pick your ideal client
- What to look for in an ideal client
- How to pitch yourself to potential clients
- How to create a written quote that doubles as a contract
- How to start your first project professionally
- How to deliver your copy the way clients want it delivered
- How to invoice your clients
- Steps you must take after the first week to be successful
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.