Welcome to the Introduction to Maps in R Shiny and Leaflet course. In this course we will be creating a fully functional web gis application using the R programming language. This application will be comprised of different types of maps ranging from point maps to heatmaps, to choropleth maps.
We will also be using different datasets ranging from dataframes to spatial dataframes, which we will use to transform and visualize our data on different types of maps, depending on the use case.
Once we have completed the course we will be equipped with extremely valuable skills, that we can use to build sophisticated web map applications of any kind and tell spatial data stories that almost anyone can interpret and understand.
Some of the skills you will acquire from taking this course range from:
- Working with spatial data in the R programming language
- Installing and using R studio
- Using the leaflet web mapping library
- Creating a variety of maps and integrating it into a single application
- Building a dashboard in R Shiny
- Creating map legends and colour palettes
- Styling maps using embedded html functions
- Working with dataframes
- Using R terminal operations
- Little or no understanding of GIS
- Basic understanding of dataframes
- Very basic understanding of programming
- Very basic understanding of R programming
- Be able to install and setup R Studio
Who should take this course
- R programmers at any level
- GIS Developers at any level
- Developers at any level
- An interest in spatial data story telling through Maps
- Anyone who wants to learn GIS programming using R
- The curious mind
Course Completion Certificate
What will you learn
- R Programming
- Web Mapping
- Web GIS Programming
- Working with dataframes
- Web mapping with the Leaflet library
- Building a GIS application
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.