Prepare yourself to take on the Managing Across the Lifecycle in the best way with this Service Capability track. This training and exam package includes Operational Support and Analysis; Planning, Protection and Optimization; Release, Control and Validation and Service Offerings and Agreements.
Who should take this course
Anyone who holds the ITIL® Foundation Certification and needs to get an understanding or set of qualification that show their full understanding of the Service Capability track on their way to getting the MALC. The Service Capability program is usually undertaken by IT professionals, business managers and business process owners involved in demand management, service level management and financial management roles on a day-to-day basis.
In order to sit the examinations in this package, students must have completed their ITIL® Foundation Examination and passed it.
ITIL® Intermediate Level - Service Capability
Planning, Protection & Optimisation
- How to plan and provide sufficient capacity to support the changing needs of a business.
- How to specify and implement high availability systems to maintain service quality at all times.
- Using IT service continuity principles to maintain quality of service as systems and frameworks transition.
- How to build frameworks and systems that help support demand management.
Service Offerings and Agreements
- Capturing user needs and defining services to match.
- Tracking and publicising services on offer to users and stakeholders.
- Negotiating and defining service level agreements and assigning roles and responsibilities to ensure they are maintained.
- Monitoring service usage and assigning resources as and when required to maintain SLAs.
- Integrating third parties into service provision and defining processes that maintain SLAs and service quality.
- Defining the business value of formalised IT operations and using insights gained for better budgeting.
- Collecting service user feedback and resolving complaints to raise satisfaction levels.
- Defining the human resources required to deliver services and assigning roles and duties to maintain standards.
- Specifying and implementing technologies required to assist with service provision.
Release, Control & Validation
- Using transition planning and support to develop simplify the process of moving to new processes and systems.
- Using change management techniques and technology to record system/service changes to gauge effectiveness and provide a rollback reference if required.
- Release and deploy management techniques to assist with incremental system updates.
- Change evaluation guidelines that help assess the impact of new system changes.
- Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM), providing a centralised repository for capture of system changes.
- Delivering the changes demanded by service users and other factors.
- Service validation and testing routines to verify that frameworks and policies are working as expected.
- Knowledge management techniques and technology to ensure that valuable lessons are captured and shared with other key stakeholders.
Operational Support & Analysis
- Planning and executing a cycle of actions to handle system and organisation events.
- Using pre-planned responses to service incidents with a view to minimising negative effects and delivering satisfactory outcomes.
- An access management process that protects internal data security.
- How to meet the demands of service users without compromising other operations and delivering outcomes according to agreed service levels.
- Service desk management tools and techniques used to record incidents, requests and events and to agree suitable service level agreements.
- The functions and roles required to build a robust operational support and analysis service and to support each of the previously defined processes.
- The use of technology to help improve and underpin OSA frameworks and processes.
About Course Provider
e-Careers comprises of passionate and talented educationalists who support over 325,000 students all over the world.
The institution consists of around 200 individuals, who all specialise in their own aspects of combining education with technology.
e-Careers has established relationships with many awarding bodies, instructors and educational institutions to bring its students training and qualifications in an E-Learning format.
e-Careers is a true \\"EdTech\\" institution.
e-Careers believes that technology and certain types of education must go hand in hand to ensure future human evolution.
e-Careers is an industry leader in the use of technology to DELIVER training and qualifications as well as contributing to the industry in ground breaking methods of E-Learning content DEVELOPMENT.
The ability to master both DELIVERY and DEVELOPMENT makes e-Careers a true EdTech institution.