Taught by a Stanford-educated ex-Googler and an IIT IIM - educated ex-Flipkart lead analyst. This team has decades of practical experience in quant trading analytics and e-commerce.
This course is a gentle yet thorough introduction to Data Science Statistics and R using real life examples.
Let's parse that.
Gentle yet thorough: This course does not require a prior quantitative or mathematics background. It starts by introducing basic concepts such as the mean median etc and eventually covers all aspects of an analytics (or) data science career from analysing and preparing raw data to visualising your findings.
Data Science Statistics and R: This course is an introduction to Data Science and Statistics using the R programming language. It covers both the theoretical aspects of Statistical concepts and the practical implementation using R.
Real life examples: Every concept is explained with the help of examples case studies and source code in R wherever necessary. The examples cover a wide array of topics and range from A/B testing in an Internet company context to the Capital Asset Pricing Model in a quant finance context.
Data Analysis with R: Datatypes and Data structures in R Vectors Arrays Matrices Lists Data Frames Reading data from files Aggregating Sorting & Merging Data Frames
Linear Regression: Regression Simple Linear Regression in Excel Simple Linear Regression in R Multiple Linear Regression in R Categorical variables in regression Robust regression Parsing regression diagnostic plots
Data Visualization in R: Line plot Scatter plot Bar plot Histogram Scatterplot matrix Heat map Packages for Data Visualisation : Rcolorbrewer ggplot2
Descriptive Statistics: Mean Median Mode IQR Standard Deviation Frequency Distributions Histograms Boxplots
Inferential Statistics: Random Variables Probability Distributions Uniform Distribution Normal Distribution Sampling Sampling Distribution Hypothesis testing Test statistic Test of significance
Using discussion forums
Please use the discussion forums on this course to engage with other students and to help each other out. Unfortunately much as we would like to it is not possible for us at Loonycorn to respond to individual questions from students:-(
We're super small and self-funded with only 2 people developing technical video content. Our mission is to make high-quality courses available at super low prices.
The only way to keep our prices this low is to NOT offer additional technical support over email or in-person. The truth is direct support is hugely expensive and just does not scale.
We understand that this is not ideal and that a lot of students might benefit from this additional support. Hiring resources for additional support would make our offering much more expensive thus defeating our original purpose.
It is a hard trade-off.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
- No prerequisites : We start from basics and cover everything you need to know. We will be installing R and RStudio as part of the course and using it for most of the examples. Excel is used for one of the examples and basic knowledge of excel is assumed.
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- Yep! MBA graduates or business professionals who are looking to move to a heavily quantitative role
- Yep! Engineers who want to understand basic statistics and lay a foundation for a career in Data Science
- Yep! Analytics professionals who have mostly worked in Descriptive analytics and want to make the shift to being modelers or data scientists
- Yep! Folks who've worked mostly with tools like Excel and want to learn how to use R for statistical analysis
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Harness R and R packages to read process and visualize data
- Understand linear regression and use it confidently to build models
- Understand the intricacies of all the different data structures in R
- Use Linear regression in R to overcome the difficulties of LINEST() in Excel
- Draw inferences from data and support them using tests of significance
- Use descriptive statistics to perform a quick study of some data and present results
- The 10 second answer: Descriptive Statistics
- Inferential Statistics
- Case studies in Inferential Statistics
- Diving into R
- Lists and Data Frames
- Regression quantifies relationships between variables
- Linear Regression in Excel
- Linear Regression in R
- Data Visualization in R
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.