JOIN THE OTHER 20,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THIS COURSE.
If you want to learn how to use Linux and level up your career but are pressed for time, read on. Hello. My name is Jason Cannon and I'm the author of Linux for Beginners as well as the founder of the Linux Training Academy. When I ask people to tell me what their biggest challenge is to learning Linux, they all say the same thing: Time.
That's why I've created this course. Give me just 45 minutes a day for the next 5 days and I will teach you exactly what you need to know about the Linux operating system. You'll learn the most important concepts and commands, and I'll even guide you step-by-step through several practical and real-world examples.
So, if you can spare a few minutes a day and want to learn the ins-and-outs of the Linux Operating System, join me and the other students in this course today.
Here is what you will learn by taking Learn Linux in 5 Days:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers
- What SSH is and how to use it
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors
- Two methods to search for files and directories
- How to compare the contents of files
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications
- How to customize your shell prompt
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history.
- How to schedule and automate jobs using cron
- How to switch users and run processes as others
- How to find and install software.
- What you learn in Learn Linux in 5 Days applies to any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Kali Linux, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, and more.
Enroll now and start learning the skills you need to level up your career!
Who this course is for:
- People with limited time
- Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux
- People that have Linux experience, but would like to learn about the Linux command line interface
- Existing Linux users that want to become power users.
- People that need Linux knowledge for a personal or business project like hosting a website on a Linux server
- Professionals that need to learn Linux to become more effective at work. Helpdesk staff, application support engineers, and application developers that are required to use the Linux operating system
- People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer, but need the basics first
- Researchers, college professors, and college students that will be using Linux servers to conduct research or complete course work
- A desire to learn Linux
Who should take this course
People with limited time. Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux. People that have Linux experience, but would like to learn about the Linux command line interface. Existing Linux users that want to become power users. People that need Linux knowledge for a personal or business project like hosting a website on a Linux server. Professionals that need to learn Linux to become more effective at work. Helpdesk staff, application support engineers, and application developers that are required to use the Linux operating system. People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer, but need the basics first. Researchers, college professors, and college students that will be using Linux servers to conduct research or complete course work.
Course Completion Certificate
What will you learn:
By the end of this course you will understand the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and useful manner.
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.