JOIN THE OTHER 20,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY MASTERED THE LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM WITH ONE OF MY TOP RATED COURSES!
If you want to learn Linux system administration and supercharge your career, read on.
By the end of this course you will fully understand the most important and fundamental concepts of Linux server administration. More importantly, you will be able to put those concepts to use in practical real-world situations. You'll be able to configure, maintain, and support a variety of Linux systems. You can even use the skills you learned to become a Linux System Engineer or Linux System Administrator.
Free Bonus - Video Demonstrations from my best-selling book, Command Line Kung-Fu.
In this series of videos I'll be sharing with you some of my favorite Linux command line tricks. These tips will make your life easier at the command line, speed up your work flow, and make you feel like a certified Linux command line Ninja! If you want to see the pages of Command Line Kung-Fu come to life, then you have to watch these videos!
This Linux course doesn't make any assumptions about your background or knowledge of Linux. You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this course. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach. As new concepts, commands, or jargon are encountered they are explained in plain language, making it easy for anyone to understand. Here is what you will learn by taking Linux Bootcamp:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers.
- What SSH is and how to use it.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease.
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors.
- Two methods to search for files and directories.
- How to compare the contents of files.
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them.
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy.
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications.
- How to customize your shell prompt.
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history.
- How to schedule and automate jobs using cron.
- How to switch users and run processes as others.
- How to find and install software.
- How the the boot process works on Linux servers and what you can do to control it.
- The various types of messages generated by a Linux system, where they're stored, and how to automatically prevent them from filling up your disks.
- Disk management, partitioning, and file system creation.
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM) - extending disk space without downtime, migrating data from one storage to another, and more.
- Managing Linux users and groups.
- Networking concepts that apply to system administration and specifically how to configure Linux network interfaces.
- How to configure sudo.
- Managing process and jobs.
- Linux shell scripting
- What you learn in Linux Bootcamp applies to any Linux environment including CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Kali Linux, Linux Mint, RedHat Linux, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, and more.
Enroll now and start learning the skills you need to level up your career!
- A desire to learn Linux
Who should take this course
People with limited time. Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux. People that have Linux experience, but would like to learn about the Linux command line interface. Existing Linux users that want to become power users. People that need Linux knowledge for a personal or business project like hosting a website on a Linux server. Professionals that need to learn Linux to become more effective at work. Helpdesk staff, application support engineers, and application developers that are required to use the Linux operating system. People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer, but need the basics first. Researchers, college professors, and college students that will be using Linux servers to conduct research or complete course work.
Course Completion Certificate
What will you learn:
By the end of this course you will understand the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and useful manner.
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.