JOIN THE OTHER 40,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY MASTERED THE LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM WITH ONE OF MY TOP RATED COURSES!
Keep yourself and your company out of the news by protecting your Linux systems from hackers, crackers, and attackers!
This course will not only teach you the security concepts and guidelines that will keep your Linux servers safe, it will walk you through hardening measures step-by-step.
Hello. My name is Jason Cannon and I'm the author of Linux Administration, the founder of the Linux Training Academy, and an instructor to thousands of satisfied students. I started my IT career in the late 1990's as a Unix and Linux System Engineer. I've worked for many technology companies who take information security seriously. I've even worked for security firms such as Mandiant and FireEye. I'll be sharing my real-world Linux security experience with you throughout this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to tighten up the security on any Linux system. You'll learn the security weaknesses of the Linux operating system and be given step-by-step instructions on how to protect those weaknesses. You'll even learn some security concepts that apply to information security as a whole while focusing on the Linux specific issues that require special consideration.
Here is just some of what you will learn by taking this Linux Security and Hardening course:
- How to protect your Linux systems against hackers.
- Ways to prevent attackers from breaking into your systems, even when they have physical access to your machine.
- How to enforce strong password policies and control password as well as account aging policies on your Linux servers.
- SSH Hardening practices.
- Network security tactics.
- Port scanning and network service detection.
- How the Linux firewall works and exactly how to configure it.
- How to protect the superuser (root) account.
- Ways to share accounts securely with an audit trail.
- File system security and encryption.
- Using and configuring sudo, and why you need to.
- Advanced Linux permissions include special modes, file attributes, and access control lists (ACLs).
- Much, much more!
What you learn in course applies to any Linux environment or distribution including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Kali Linux and more.
Free Bonus - PDFs of All the Material Covered
As an added bonus for enrolling in this Linux Server Security video training course, you'll receive access to all the slides used in the lessons. You can download them and refer to them when you want to jog your memory or double-check your work.
Enroll now and start learning the skills you need to hack-proof your Linux systems today!
Basic knowledge A basic understanding of the Linux operating system. Please consider taking "Learn Linux in 5 Days"before taking this course.
Who should take this course
- Anyone with a desire to learn how to secure and harden a computer running the Linux operating system
- Linux system administrators looking to make the systems they support more secure
- People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer
- This course is not for people who have never used the Linux operating system before
Course Completion Certificate
What will you learn By the end of this course you will be able to harden a Linux system, reduce its surface of vulnerability, and reduce the risk of your Linux system being hacked or compromised
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.