This unique course is designed to make beginner and get into expert. Further this unique course covers basics of operating system, command line commands in details and introduction to shell scripting (3 in 1 course).
Course has logical section and also loaded with quiz to test one knowledge.
As more and more organization are moving into Linux and Unix operating system as its generally open source. Additionally, Linux, Unix skills gained by developers would make them more in demand. Earlier Unix was the OS for mainly server, but with Linux being light weight, open source and being adopted for standalone desktop and laptop as well, the opportunities bound to grow.
Added to this, Internet of things based IOT devices such as Raspberry pi Beagle bone Orange pi uses Linux based operating system. Hence, in next few years, there is bound to be exceptional growth with good career opportunities for Linux and Unix skilled experts. Furthermore, had extensively used Raspberry Pi - Linux for all demonstration and activities in the course. Also in the future most of the resource constrained web and IOT device would be extensively based on LINUX OS.
From a developer perspective, this course not only cover command line commands, but also Bash shell scripting to make you comprehensive developer expert in Linux Unix OS.
The topic covered are as follows:
- Operating system overview - Operating System introduction and components, Operating System structure, User and operating system
- Linux and Unix introduction - Linux and Unix Introduction , Environment option for learning
- Files and directory commands - cat, head, tail, wc, copy, move, remove, touch, directory listing, grep, history, symbolic link, absolute and relative path
- Editor - File creation and modification - vi, nano
- File permission - Assigning and modification
- Other commands - Wild card, file Redirection, FTP
- Monitoring and controlling process - Process monitor and kill command
- House keeping - Archive and extracting (tar, compress, uncompress)
- Basic shell scripting(bash) - LET, READ, DEBUG commands, IF, FOR, WHILE, CASE, UNTIL, FUNCTION Commands and shell scripting examples
- Automate script execution - Crontab listing and creation
Basic knowledge Some programming knowledge would be beneficial but not mandatory Access to Linux / Unix operating system command line and file system OR Raspberry pi 3 with Linux OS OR Ubuntu based OS
Who should take this course
- Beginners to learn Linux or Unix command line and shell scripting
- Any IT developer, who wish to up-skill or acquire additional Linux / Unix skills.
- IT students, who like to get skilled in Linux/ Unix command line and shell scripting.
Course Completion Certificate
What will you learn
- An Overview about Operating Systems
- Wide range of commonly used command line commands in Linux / Unix command
- How to create, insert, modify files using editors vi, Nano
- Shell scripting fundamentals, including automation of scripts execution through cronjob
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.