In this 'Apache Storm - Learn by Example' online course, you will learn how to use Storm to build applications which need you to be highly responsive to the latest data, and react within seconds and minutes, such as finding the latest trending topics on Twitter, or monitoring spikes in payment gateway failures. Supplemental material included!
Storm is to real-time stream processing what Hadoop is to batch processing. From simple data transformations to applying machine learning algorithms on the fly, Storm can do it all.
- What's covered in this Apache Storm: Learn by Example online training course?
- Understanding Spouts and Bolts, which are the building blocks of every Storm topology
- Running a Storm topology in the local mode and in the remote mode
- Parallelizing data processing within a topology using different grouping strategies: Shuffle grouping, Fields grouping, Direct grouping, All grouping, Custom grouping
- Managing reliability and fault-tolerance within Spouts and Bolts
- Performing complex transformations on the fly using the Trident topology - Map, Filter, Windowing, and Partitioning operations
- Applying ML algorithms on the fly using libraries like Trident-ML and Storm-R
Who should take this course
Anyone can take up this course upon interest in anytime you want, anywhere you want, all you need is a smart phone/tablet/computer connected to the internet.
Upon completion, you will have a test with multiple choice questions and there is no limit on the number of attempts.
Completion certificate will be given
What are the requirements?:
- Experience in Java programming and familiarity with using Java frameworks
- A Java IDE such as IntelliJ Idea should be installed
What am I going to get from this course?:
- Build a Storm Topology for processing data
- Manage reliability and fault tolerance of the topology
- Control parallelism using different grouping strategies
- Perform complex transformations using Trident
- Apply Machine Learning algorithms on the fly in Storm applications
What is the target audience?:
- Engineers looking to set up end-to-end data processing pipelines that react to changes in real time
- Folks familiar with Batch processing technologies like Hadoop who want to learn more about Stream processing
About Course Provider
Courses Distance Learning is a provider of career essential courses. Simple understandable media content, concept oriented learning which helps develop career opportunities in the corporate World.
The learning experience has been designed from the ground up keeping your success in mind.
You can study at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.