Create new opportunities in the IT industry using SQL Server 2012 as a foundation for building Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting solutions that deliver more data across an organisation.
Who should take this course
This course is suitable for IT professionals who want to reap the benefits of having the ability to deploy BI solutions in an enterprise-class environment.
There are no pre-requisites to take this course.
Students will learn how to design, build and deploy SQL Server BI solutions that deliver more data to more people across the organisation. This MCSE SQL Server Business Intelligence course also grants the student access to the Live Labs. This valuable learning resource allows candidates to design and test their own BI applications and reports using live equipment, they can also recreate scenarios in the course to ensure full retention of the concepts being taught.
The course starts with the three modules that make up the MCSA SQL Server 2012 course:
- Microsoft 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
The course then continues with the two modules that make up the MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence. The first of those modules, Microsoft 70-466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, will take students through:
- How to work with large datasets across multiple platforms as is common in most modern BI applications and reports.
- Building Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes and supporting structures such as pivot tables, PowerPivot solutions and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) to deliver information quickly and efficiently to analysts.
- Choosing between the Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) and Business Intelligence Semantic models according to specific business data and reporting needs.
- Developing complex SQL queries to mine multiple datasets and building reports using Crescent.
Microsoft 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012:
- Designing BI solutions that meet current and future performance and scalability needs.
- Using Excel Services and SharePoint Reporting integration to allow for improved data analysis and integration with other line of business applications.
- Designing, deploying and managing SSIS package to extend BI application functionality and expose more data for reporting and modelling.
About Course Provider
e-Careers comprises of passionate and talented educationalists who support over 325,000 students all over the world.
The institution consists of around 200 individuals, who all specialise in their own aspects of combining education with technology.
e-Careers has established relationships with many awarding bodies, instructors and educational institutions to bring its students training and qualifications in an E-Learning format.
e-Careers is a true \\"EdTech\\" institution.
e-Careers believes that technology and certain types of education must go hand in hand to ensure future human evolution.
e-Careers is an industry leader in the use of technology to DELIVER training and qualifications as well as contributing to the industry in ground breaking methods of E-Learning content DEVELOPMENT.
The ability to master both DELIVERY and DEVELOPMENT makes e-Careers a true EdTech institution.