Search for opportunities in the IT industry using the knowledge gained in this MCSE Data Platform course. Upon completion you will be able to build and administer SQL Server and data solutions in an enterprise environment.
Who should take this course
The MCSE Data Platform course is for IT professionals who want to learn the skills needed to design and implement database solutions for an organisation.
There are no pre-requisites to take the course.
In this course, candidates will fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and how to build and query complex database solutions in a real world environment. Students will also get 12 months access to our dedicated Live Labs where they will be able to recreate course scenarios and design new database solutions without building a costly lab of their own.
- Microsoft 70-641: Querying SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Microsoft 70-643: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
After completing the three MCSA SQL Server 2012 modules, students will then shift focus to the elements that make the MCSE SQL 2012 Data Platform with two additional modules. The first of those, Microsoft 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, will take students through:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services.
- Ensuring data accuracy using Data Quality Services.
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automate and extend BI functionality.
- Performing data manipulation, transformation and integration operations.
- Troubleshooting data integration and quality issues.
- Creating and altering tables, constraints, data types, indexes and scalar functions.
- Designing and building advanced solutions that deliver the concurrency, integrity and reliability demanded by enterprise-class database provisions and off-loading processing requirements from custom applications.
- Optimising data and data access routines to improve efficiency and resource load in preparation for use with BI applications.
- Using performance and system information to implement a continual maintenance and improvement program.
The final module, Microsoft 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012, will focus on:
- Using data compression techniques to maximise storage and bandwidth usage.
- Building database models with lock granularity and search strategies tailored to business needs.
- Designing and constructing full-lifecycle database environment that consider expansion, upgrade and migration needs from the outset.
- Applying automation to streamline management and data processing, reducing administrator workloads.
About Course Provider
e-Careers comprises of passionate and talented educationalists who support over 325,000 students all over the world.
The institution consists of around 200 individuals, who all specialise in their own aspects of combining education with technology.
e-Careers has established relationships with many awarding bodies, instructors and educational institutions to bring its students training and qualifications in an E-Learning format.
e-Careers is a true \\"EdTech\\" institution.
e-Careers believes that technology and certain types of education must go hand in hand to ensure future human evolution.
e-Careers is an industry leader in the use of technology to DELIVER training and qualifications as well as contributing to the industry in ground breaking methods of E-Learning content DEVELOPMENT.
The ability to master both DELIVERY and DEVELOPMENT makes e-Careers a true EdTech institution.