About this Course:
And these aren't dumbed-down applications.
These are full-fledged mobile apps that can do everything from interact with device hardware such as the accelerometer camera and geolocation tools to interacting with - iOS or Android - operating system to make phone calls or use Bluetooth.
In this soup-to-nuts PhoneGap course you'll learn everything from setting up your PhoneGap environment to testing your app on your phone or tablet device. You'll learn from extensive on camera demonstrations and be able to download the many examples you see the instructor create on screen. This course gets practical very quickly as you'll be working with the phone hardware and interacting with the same real-world API's that professional developers use everyday such as Google Places and Google Maps.
At the end of the course you'll put it all together as you create full application using the Washington Transit API. This app is similar to the types of apps being placed in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store every day! You'll join the ranks of companies like Logitech and Fan React who publish PhonGap apps directly to all of the major app stores.
- A Mac or PC is required to complete this course
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?:
- Developers who want to build apps that work on Android and iOS
- Web Developers who want to extend their current skillsets in to mobile
- Those with significant web assets they like to leverage for mobile applications
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Use the PhoneGap Desktop app to create new PhoneGap mobile apps
- Use the PhoneGap Desktop app and PhoneGap Mobile app to test new apps
- Create a new PhoneGap app template
- Test a PhoneGap project in the browser
- Include the JQuery library for UI
- Create single and multipage user interfaces
- Create collapsible content blocks to optimize mobile screen space
- Use jQuery Mobile UI elements to create usable mobile apps
- Use the Local Storage object for permanent on-device storage
- Storing data in the on-device database
- Retrieving data from the on-device database
- Obtain the device's location using geolocation tools
- Obtain location information with the Google Places API
- Obtain location information and Maps from the Google Maps API
- Play audio and video content on the device
- Control media content using Javacript
- Determine device position on XY and Z axis with the accelerometer
- Use the accelerometer to move on-screen objects
- Access device hardware including the camera
- Obtain and save images with the camera
- Detect gestures library
- Integrate taps and press gestures in to your application
- Integrate swipe and pan gestures in to your mobile app
- Determine information about the device on which your app is running
- Work with device orientation
- Determine information about the network to which device is connected
- Determine battery status of device
- Send a push notification to an app
- Process a push notification so it appears in the messaging bar
- Configure for app release
- Build with Adobe PhoneGap Build
- Build with the Command Line Interface
- Complete pre-release testing of a mobile app
- About the Course
- Getting Started
- User Interface
- Device Accelerometer
- Taking Pictures
- Working with the Hardware
- Push Notifications
- Wrapping Up
- Building a Complete App
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.