This Payroll course is all about payroll management how to calculate the payroll and general overall understanding about what payroll is and the legal requirements in place the forms the deadlines the process and procedures. We look at different software so that you can understand the functionality - and how to perform calculations. We give you the overall picture that you as a Payroll Manager would need to know in order to be proficient in doing the payroll.
There is a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system (we give you the links to access the payroll software for free)
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You'll learn how to become an employer how to set up a new starter (employee) how to enter opening balances if they've given you a p45 from a previous employer how to run payroll for various time slots - weekly fortnightly 4 weekly or monthly how to calculate the net and gross various terminology such as gross net NI PAYE cut off days wages salary attachment of earnings pension.
We cover the rules of being an employer how to set up to become an employer and the various governing bodies that you should be aware of - particularly the HMRC the Student Loans company and the Pensions Regular. We look at when and how everyone should be paid and the penalties for missing deadlines. The various forms to fill in and what type of information you should collect from everyone upon starting with your organisation and what to give them when they leave. We look at how to integrate the payroll with other functions - such as your accounting software the reports to run and keep the journal entries and what is going on behind the scenes and the true cost of employing people amongst over things.
We look at regular payments such as wages and discretionary payments such as bonuses and commissions. We look at how to calculate sick pay and the difference between gross pay net pay take home pay and employers national insurance NI and employees NI and employers pension contribution vs employee pension contribution.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of employing people
- You are going to take responsibility for getting the wages right
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to know payroll and use payroll software
- You want to put this skill on your CV
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be offering payroll services
- You run your own business and want to know how to run the payroll for yourself.
You will need access to the various payroll software that we use and demonstrate. We give you the link to access the FREE online version. This will be sufficient.
We will look at: Bright Pay
The course materials includes:
- the handout of the assignment task
- show you how to access the software for free
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised payroll.
The course will take about 5 hours to complete.
No previous knowledge is required or presumed. We start right from the very start - as to how to register to be an employer and set up a payroll for your business to running basic payrolls with just an annual salary to running payroll with absences (so including deductions) pensions set up and how to pay what is due to the relevant authority and by when how to account for this in your accounts and what to do when someone leaves and the year end process. You will learn something new.
- No. We'll give you the free links to get the free trial version of any payroll software that we use in our assignments
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who need to have an understanding of the UK payroll system
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of how UK payroll works
- Previous knowledge of accounting or payroll is not presumed or required
- Those who have studied accounting but want practical knowledge of payroll
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using a free online UK payroll software
- Process new starters and leavers
- Understand tax coding notifications and what different tax codes means
- Process monthly pay
- Understand how pensions are applied
- Process deductions e.g. taxes student loan repayments
- Process attachments of earnings (AOE) such as court fines repayments
- Know the payroll journals and relevant accounts to debit and credit
- Pay the HMRC and other relevant authorities and agencies
- Year end processing
- How to register as an employer in the UK
- The UK Payroll System
- Paye Tax NI
- Conclusion and Next Steps
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.