About this Course:
Learn the fundamental principles and advanced concepts of using off-camera flash to take stunning portraits. This is a very comprehensive practical photography course that covers everything you need to know.
Just because there is enough light in a room or outside to take a photo doesn't mean that it's great light.
Learn how to create beautiful light using small flashes.
- Follow me on 19 photo shoots indoors and out
- Take stunning images on a small budget and in a small room.
- Learn the easy steps to getting your flash off your camera
- Discover the inexpensive equipment you need with links to the gear
- Learn what modifiers do and how they can make a significant difference
- Understand the various triggering methods and which one suits you best
- Learn and understand the 5 aspects of off camera flash exposure
- Understand why Manual mode is best and what makes it so easy
- Learn advance techniques controlling backgrounds / multiple flashes / gels / light patterns / balancing ambient and flash light etc
- Learn how High Speed Sync and ND filters can help to get better backgrounds outside
- Everything explained in detail with a fun teaching style
- Be amazed at the results from my 'bonus' product photo shoot using a DIY box
- A powerful skill at your fingertips
Advanced and professional photographers do not generally use any of the semi-automatic modes (e.g Aperture / Shutter Speed priority etc..) when shooting in a studio environment. This course will demonstrate why and show you just how easy it is to use Manual modes for consistent exposures and how it can aid the learning process.
Content and Overview - Downloads are ENABLED for this course!
The course goes right back to basics but also covers advanced topics. You'll learn about the equipment what to buy and what not to buy if on a tight budget. It demonstrates how to put the gear together how to modify it and shows various ways of triggering the flashes Exposure is covered in great details with one video on each of the 5 aspects of exposure.
Come with me on these photo sessions and watch as I talk through the camera and flash settings and take (mostly) great photos with (mostly) gorgeous models using a fun teaching style.
A bonus video on product photography is included a DIY setup that can provide spectacular results. Great for eBay or just making some money on the side.
Designed for beginners (although not complete beginners) through to enthusiasts and professionals on completing this course you'll have the knowledge and confidence to start taking beautifully lit portraits that will wow your family and friends.
Many online courses suffer from over prepared monotonic boring voice overs but Bernie's style is a bit like having your mate round to show you how to do something. This even goes to leaving some bloopers in which makes it human and fun.
- The student must have a camera with a hot shoe and be capable of Manual mode
- The student's camera must have hot shoe and be capable of Manual mode
- At least one external flash capable of varying power levels
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- Not suited for beginners who have only just purchased a camera
- Suitable for beginners who are familiar with their camera through to advanced and pro photographers
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Know what type of equipment suits them best
- Know how all of the gear fits together
- Understand the various methods of triggering flashes
- Know how to get perfect exposures using the manual mode
- Discover how to make beautiful light for stunning images
- Know how to control and light backgrounds
- Understand and use various portrait lighting patterns
- Know how to balance ambient and flash light
- Know how to take dramatic images indoors and outdoors
- The Equipment
- Exposure considerations when using off-camera flash (Important please watch)
- Indoor photo sessions
- Outdoor Photo Sessions
- Bonus video on Product photography using off camera flash
- Course conclusion
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.