This course has been designed for those in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. This material is also suitable for those who are relatively new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organization. Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, means being able to quickly organize your thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behavior. It applies to formal speeches as well as everyday business situations. It requires presence of mind, goal orientation, adaptation, and judgment. It also requires differentiating between oral and written communications. This course is aimed at improving your skills and learning some new techniques which will give you the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for questions, even before you know what those questions will be.
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Use presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
Who should take this course
The following 11 subjects form the core of the courses:
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Getting Started
- Session Three: Planning
- Session Four: Force Field Analysis
- Session Five: Understanding Your Audience
- Session Six: Controlling Your Jitters
- Session Seven: Making Your Listener Hear You
- Session Eight: Key Themes
- Session Nine: Key Sentences
- Session Ten: Structuring Ideas
- Session Eleven: Organization Methods
- Session Twelve: Our Body Language
- Session Thirteen: If You Could Be
- Session Fourteen: Beginnings and Endings
- Session Fifteen: Expanding a Basic Plan
- Session Sixteen: Presentations
About Course Provider
Cudoo is the world’s first One-for-One e-Learning community offering 800+ online courses in Languages and Professional Development Skills. We’re all about online learning, but we’re also about making a lasting difference!
We believe that education has the power to change lives, and empowering people through education has always been at the center of what we do.
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.