About this Course:
See why over 350000 Simpliv members learn coding from Mark Lassoff and LearnToProgramtv! Few programming languages provide you with the flexibility and pure power of Python.
If you're becoming a professional developer or are early in your development career adding the Python skill set isn't just a resume embellishment. It's an empowering language that will allow you to write procedural code in many types of environments and for many uses.
Python is commonly used for server side programming for complex web applications or as a middle tier language providing web services or a communication layer with larger ecommerce systems. That being said it's also a great language for beginners. The clear syntax makes it very easy to learn and the powerful libraries make all types of programming possible. There are libraries for everything from games and graphics to complex mathematics to network and embedded programming.
Watch Learn and Do:
Programming is not a spectator sport and if you want to learn Python well this course contains everything you need.
Skill oriented instructor-led lectures will demonstrate each important Python skill.
- You'll be able to study and modify the code on your own to cement each topic.
- Python code coding lab exercises will familiarize you not just with Python syntax but how real problem-solving in Python is done.
- You'll complete a more comprehensive project to help you integrate the different skills that are part of core Python.
- Students should be comfortable working in the PC or Mac operating system
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?:
- First time Python programmers
- Students and Teachers
- IT pros who want to learn to code
- Aspiring data scientists who want to add Python to their tool arsenal
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- How to use the Python Shell
- How to use interactive mode in Python
- How to develop and run programs in the IDLE editor
- How to run Python scripts directly from the command line
- How to use the print() function
- How to use separators and new line characters to modify command line output
- Assign variables of different types
- Understand integer floating point complex and string variables
- Be able to extract substrings
- Easily concatenate strings
- Create Lists and Tuples
- Create key value pairs and store them in dictionaries
- Understand mathematical operators used in Python
- Apply the order of operations to mathematical operations
- Utilize comparison operators to determine logical outcomes
- Use logical operators to join comparisons
- Write conditional statements to correctly branch code
- Use If else and else if statements to apply branching
- Understand how and when to used nested if statements
- Use the shortcut Ternary operator
- Be able to use looping structures effectively
- Create While loops
- Be able to use For loops to loop through an objects properties
- Be able to construct nested loops and understand their utility.
- Cast variables from one type to another using built-in Python functions
- Use the Mathematical functions within Python to evaluate expressions
- Randomize numbers and selections with the Randomization tools
- Use Python String functions such as find() join() and split()
- Create immutable tuples
- Access values within tuples
- Use tuple functions to manipulate tuple data
- Declare a dictionary and populate it with key/value pairs
- Access and edit values within dictionaries
- Extract date and time information from the time tuple
- Use the calendar object to work with calendar related information
- Create custom functions
- Send arguments to functions using order or keyword
- Create default function arguments
- Read and obtain keyboard input
- Read from a text file and process the data in Python
- Write to a text file from Python
- Append to a text file
- Handle exceptions with try/except/else in Python
- Use Python within the cgi-bin or a web server
- Process form data from Python
- Getting Started
- Code Branching
- Math Functions
- Python String Functions
- Tuples and Dictionaries
- Time and Date
- Python Functions
- More with Python
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.