About this Course:
Scrivener 3 for Mac came out in November of 2017 and Scrivener 3 for Windows is in Beta and should be coming out in the near future. These videos apply to both the Scrivener 3 Mac and Windows versions unless otherwise indicated. Most of the videos were recorded in Scrivener 3 for Mac, but most everything is in the same place and the same icons are used in both. Occasionally, because of Mac and PC platform differences, a task has to be done slightly different in each, in that case both the Mac and PC version will be recorded separately. NOTE: The Windows-specific videos will be added once Scrivener 3 for Windows is released.
GET A HEAD START ON SCRIVENER 3 FOR WINDOWS: If you have Scrivener for Windows, you may want to download the Scrivener 3 for Windows Beta version. It still has a few things missing and certain things aren't working exactly the way they will be, but most everything you are learning in this course is available in the Beta version. The link to the download will be included in the Bonus Section at the end of the class.
This course has short tutorials on how to do a particular task listed in alphabetical order, so that you can find what you need quickly. The short videos showing the steps to do a particular task have no narration, but short written instructions when needed. Each task is repeated 2 to 3 times, so you can see it more than once if you need to without having to manually start it over again.
- Have Scrivener 3 for Mac installed (can be the 30-day, free trial version)
- Be adventurous and get a head start on SCRIVENER 3 for WINDOWS - Download the BETA VERSION [link included in class]
- Some experience with Scrivener of any version
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
Any one who desires to learn it.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Use the Freeform Corkboard with "Snap to Grid"
- Check word frequency using the Statistics feature
- Use Linguistic Focus to polish your writing
- Modify index card design
- Print the index cards and outline
- Add columns to the outline
- Move files and folders from one project to another
- Change the icons for the files and folders
- Create a custom layout
- Customize the Toolbar
- Split screen vertical and horizontal and add Copyholders to reference four separate documents
- Create character names with the Name Generator
- Use Revisions Mode for tracking drafts
- Create Internal and External Bookmarks
- Set writing targets for the current documentCreate and use Labels and Status Stamps
- Create, use and move Keywords and Keyword Groups
- Create a Table of Contents
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.