About this Course:
After this course you will be able to discover security vulnerabilities across an entire network by using network hacking techniques and vulnerability scanning.
You will be able to architect your network for maximum security and prevent local and remote attacks. We also cover the use of custom router firmware to provide you with better network security services. You will understand the various types of firewalls that are available and what threats each help mitigate.
Including layer 4 firewalls like Iptables on Linux and PF on MacOS and BSD. Virtual firewalls host-based firewalls and application based firewalls like Pfsence. We cover firewalls on all platforms including Windows Mac OS X and Linux for all types of use scenarios. We explore in detail wireless security the configurations that are required for maximum security and why. How Wi-Fi is hacked and how to mitigate those attacks. Covering everything from encryption weaknesses to evil twins RF isolation and Wi-Fi crackers. You will master network monitoring to discover and identify potential hackers malware and other adversaries that might be lurking on your network. Using tools like Wireshark Tcpdump and Syslog.
We then move away from network security and onto the details of how we are tracked online by corporations nation-states your ISP and others. You will understand the techniques used like zombie super cookies browser fingerprinting and how browser profiling works so third parties can establish who you are online. We look at search engine privacy - and how to mitigate the tracking and privacy issues of search engines and their associated services.
Browser security - We cover one of the largest risks online the browser. The doorway into your system. How to best reduce the attack surface of the browser and harden it for maximum security and privacy. A critical consideration for reducing your risk.
Finally you will fully understand how to best use methods of authentication including passwords and multi-factor authentication - soft tokens and hard tokens.
The best password managers to use and why. How passwords are cracked and how to mitigate the cracking.
This is volume 2 of 4 of your complete guide to cyber security privacy and anonymity.
- This course is designed for personal and home cyber security privacy and anonymity. Most of the topics apply in the same way to a business but the course is delivered as if to an individual for personal cyber security privacy and anonymity
- It is recommended that you watch volume 1 of this complete course before watching this volume 2 although it is not required
- You can take this volume as a stand-alone course
- You should have a basic understanding of networking concepts
- Please note this is volume 2 of 4 of the complete course.
After the completion of all 4 volumes you will know more than 80 percent of security professionals government and law enforcement agents and even expert hackers about maintaining security privacy and anonymity.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- An advanced practical skill-set in assuring network security against all threats including - advanced hackers trackers exploit kits Wi-Fi attacks and much more
- In this volume we take a detailed look at network security
- The very latest up-to-date information and methods
- Discover security vulnerabilities across an entire network by using network hacking techniques and vulnerability scanning
- You will be able to configure firewalls on all platforms including Windows MacOS and Linux for all types of attack scenarios
- Learn to configure and architect a small network for maximum physical and wireless security
- Perform network monitoring to discover and identify potential hackers and malware using tools like Wireshark Tcpdump and Syslog
- Understand how we are tracked online by corporations nation-states your ISP and others
- We look at search engine privacy - we will best understand how to mitigate the tracking and privacy issues of search engines and their associated services
- Understand how to best use methods of authentication including passwords multi-factor authentication including soft tokens and hard tokens
- What are the best password managers to use and why.
- How passwords are cracked and how to mitigate the password attacks
- Goals and Learning Objectives - Volume 2
- Routers - Port and Vulnerability Scanning
- Network Attacks Architecture and Isolation
- Wireless and Wi-Fi Security
- Network Monitoring for Threats
- How We Are Tracked Online
- Search Engines and Privacy
- Browser Security and Tracking Prevention
- Passwords and Authentication Methods
- BONUS Section. What's Next? Volume 3 and 4
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.