About this Course:
Hi there. I'm Marinda Botha
Thank you for considering taking this course.
If you regularly need to speak or teach in front of others or you need to record videos where you yourself are on-camera then this course is for you. These series of exercises are geared towards warming up your body for performance be it a public speaking event you need to do a voice over gig or performance on screen or stage.
I'm a trained actor and voice over artist. I've been in the industry for 16 years having worked and trained in Europe and South Africa.
I am trained in stage and screen performance voice overs physical theatre clowning and overall physical awareness of body alignment.
I am primarily a voice over artist and trainer with clients from across the globe. I have a deep love for movement understanding your body as a performer looking after your health and utilizing this tool of yours to the best of your ability.
We will look at Body alignment Breath control Articulation Warming up the resonators and many more!
- 10 -15 minutes of free time per day to watch the lessons and then copy them.
- No prior physical ability is required. These exercises work well for all ages and body types. They are extremely safe - and effective!
- A willingness to learn and improve.
- You only have one body. You need to take care of it.
- A room where you can practice. Perhaps a mirror to watch yourself in as you do the exercises - though not essential.
- Soft soled shoes or as I prefer go barefoot!
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
Students interested in public speaking or those wishing to improve their overall articulation or inability to speak clearly in front of others are welcome to take this course. This 17 part course can be taken by complete beginners to advanced students.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- 17 video lectures demonstrating step-by-step the physical and vocal exercises discussed
- 35 min of talking-head video content
- Tutoring from an artist who have made these exercises part of her life for 16 years!
- A healthy body mind and voice ready to take on any performance!
- Resources at the end of the course to many more warm up ideas
- Why warming up your body and voice is essential for performance.
- Becoming aware of your feet
- The spine
- The Flop
- The Hug
- Breath Control
- The Shake-Out
- A general Warm-Up
- The Hum
- Turning the Hum into Sound
- Warming up the diaphragm
- Breath support
- The face stretch
- The Tongue stretch
- The Yawn - Sigh
- The Cork Exercise
- The Tonal Sweep
- Tongue Twisters!
- Final thoughts
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.