About this Course:
- The Character Worksheets included in Scrivener's Novel Template are very basic and static - something that you could do in any Word Processing software; but with Scrivener's ability to break up into relevant chunks, reorganize, track, associate, and group into collections character profile information can be so much more dynamic and useful.
- The Writing with Scrivener series of courses takes advantage of Scrivener 3's Bookmarks, Keywords, Labels, Quick Reference Panels and much more. Keywords and Labels apply to all versions of Scrivener including Scrivener for Windows. Quick Reference Panels are available in Scrivener 2 and 3 and Bookmarks is a new feature in Scrivener 3.
This Is A Workshop - Important to apply to a real project!
- This isn't a lecture course that you just watch through. To benefit the most from this Writing with Scrivener series, it is important to apply it to a current, real writing project as you follow along in the course. I would encourage you to do all of the assignments given in the course and submit them for review by your fellow classmates and me. If you have any questions, be sure to ask in the community forum.
- Are you a Scrivener for Windows user and feeling left out?
- If you have Scrivener for Windows, you may want to download the Scrivener 3 for Windows Beta version. It still has a few things missing and certain things aren't working exactly the way they will be, but everything you are learning in this course is available in the Beta version. Click on the link to go to the Scrivener 3 for Windows Beta Version download page.
- Download the Scrivener 3 for Windows Beta Version
Two Computer Screens
- Having two computer screens to work with with the Course Content on one screen and your Scrivener Project open on another screen is the optimal set-up; and ALWAYS watch the videos in Full Screen.
Anyone can do one of the following:
- Use two separate computers
- Connect a second monitor to your computer
- Use a tablet for the course content, and your computer for the Scrivener Project
- Hook up a flat screen TV to your computer using an HDMI cord
- However, if you are truly limited to one screen, put your Scrivener program on one side of the screen and the course content on the other side.
- Have Scrivener 3 for Mac installed (or Windows version when released). It can be the 30-day, free trial version
- SCRIVENER 3 for WINDOWS - Download the BETA VERSION [link included in class]
- Some experience with Scrivener of any version is helpful, but not required
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
Any one who desires to learn it.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Apply Scrivener Features to Actual Writing Tasks
- Create a Character Profile Document Template to Reuse Over and Over Again
- Change and Customize Icons and Create Icon Groups
- Reference Character Information in Compose Mode
- Create Internal and External Bookmarks
- Create Document and Project Bookmarks
- Reference Character Information in Quick Reference Panels with Bookmarks
- Reference Character Information in the Inspector with Bookmarks
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.