About this Course:
Xero Accounts course is about how to use Xero based on the most popular functions which you as a Xero operator needs to know how to use in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video - if necessary - to reinforce the learning
You'll learn how to set up a Xero system from scratch how to enter opening balances post customer invoices and credit notes post supplier bills and credit notes pay suppliers petty cash prepare a VAT return reconcile the bank reconcile the credit card post journals use the payroll function write off bad debts run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Xero for yourself.
- You will need to access to Xero Online. We give you the link to access the FREE online version. This will be sufficient The instructor is online to answer student queries daily and is in the middle of writing a book about this software.
The course materials includes:
- The handout of the assignment task
- Show you how to access the software for free
- Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
- The course will take about 6.5 hours to complete.
- You will need access to Xero accounts online in order to complete the assignment - we'll give you the link to get the free trial version of the software
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?:
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who will be using this for their clients
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Xero
- Those who have studied accounting but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using Xero
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
- Use credit card to make payments and reconcile the credit card account
- Write off bad debt
- Use the payroll function in Xero
- Import a bank statement
- Getting Prepared - Access the software and course materials
- Getting started
- Setting up the system
- Nominal ledger
- Customers and Suppliers
- Sales ledger
- Purchases ledger
- Sundry payments
- Petty Cash
- Bad Debt
- Credit Card
- Bank Reconciliation
- Payroll / Wages
- VAT - Value Added Tax
- Payroll unit
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.