With a focus on big data analytics, Finance Analytics MSc is designed to provide you with rigorous applied training in quantitative and empirical methods in Finance. Students will acquire the knowledge and develop the skills and expertise needed for a broad range of careers in finance and other multinational organisations.
- Learn about the internal workings of corporations, financial institutions and financial services firms, and their inter-relationships.
- Become familiar with latest development in FinTech and automation, including Robo-advice and trading.
- Located in the heart of London, King's Business School has a strong reputation for research-led teaching and close links to the financial industry.
- Our course is most suitable if you have a background in either Finance, Economics or Business, or have a degree with some quantitative elements.
- Throughout your studies, you will have access to a state-of-the-art
Who should take this course
Our course has been designed in close collaboration with leading financial industry practitioners and covers the fundamentals of advanced analytics in Finance.
Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) required in a social or applied science (e.g. finance, economics, management, engineering, applied mathematics, computer science or other relevant subject) or equivalent overseas qualification. Our programme is most suitable if you have some quantitative background in either finance and/or economics or have a degree with some quantitative elements
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
You are required to take:
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics in Finance (15 credits)
- Principles of Finance (15 credits)
- Data Analysis and Visualisation (15 credits)
- Business Risk Analytics (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
In addition, you are required to take 30 credits from the following range of optional modules, which may typically include:
- Big Data and Text Business and Finance Analytics (15 credits)
- FinTech Analytics and Robo Trading (15 credits)
- Conduct Risk Management (15 credits)
You are also required to take 30 credits from the following range of optional modukes, which may typically include:
- Empirical Finance (15 credits)
- Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Financial Econometrics (15 credits)
- International Finance (15 credits)
- Behavioural Finance (15 credits)
- Portfolio Management (15 credits)
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.