We focus on key issues facing the market. Modules focus on topics like investment analysis in financial markets, models of asset prices and returns, optimal investment, and risk and portfolio management.
We'll challenge you to think critically about the industry. And the diverse community on the course will provide the ideal environment for networking and learning.
- You'll be taught by industry experts who'll help you learn how to apply theories to the working world.
- We have a great network of financial organisations. We'll organise regular speakers to provide cutting-edge insights on the markets.
- You'll study in central London, with easy access to the countless financial organisations of the City.
- We're known around the world for our research-led teaching.
Who should take this course
Whether you're a current student or a working professional, we'll provide an intellectually challenging environment for you to learn about financial markets.
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
- You are required to take:
- Quantitative Techniques (15 credits)
- Investments Analysis (15 credits)
- Applied Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Financial Markets & Institutions (15 credits)
- Asset Pricing (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
In addition, you are required to take 45 credits from a range of optional modules that may typically include:
- Financial Derivatives (15 credits)
- Empirical Finance (15 credits)
- Risk Management (15 credits)
- Financial Econometrics (15 credits)
- Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Banking Regulation (15 credits)
- Topics in Applied Finance (15 credits)
- Behavioual Finance (15 credits)
- Applied Welath Management (15 credits)
- International Finance (15 credits)
- Financial Engineering (15 credits)
- Portfolio Management (15 credits)
- Commercial & Investment Banking (15 credits)
- Credit Ratings (15 credits)
- Computational Finance (15 credits)
- Bond Markets, Analysis and Strategies (15 credits)
King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study.
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.