We have designed our Medical Ultrasound course for radiographers, doctors, midwives, scientists and others who want to practice clinical ultrasound in their professional roles. Our lectures are organised in block release, in conjunction with compulsory clinical placements so that you can take the course while still working. In accordance with accepted good practice, the course integrates theory with practice, meaning that you will perform diagnostic ultrasound examinations as you learn.
- Accredited by the Consortium for the Accreditation of Sonographic Education (CASE).
- Expert outside speakers contribute extensively to the course.
- Located in the heart of London and part of the Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine, the course attracts students from a variety of disciplines.
- Practice focused: you will develop and apply diagnostic ultrasound imaging skills in your own clinical training placement.
- Substantial student-tutor contact time supplemented by e-learning.
Who should take this course
This Medical Ultrasound course is ideal for healthcare professionals wanting to develop new skills in ultrasound, experienced sonographers extending proficiency in a specialist area or clinicians who wish to utilise ultrasound imaging in clinical practice.
MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take:
- MSc - modules totalling 180 credits
- PG Diploma - modules totalling 120 credits
- PG Cert - modules totalling 60 credits.
Year 1 - MSc, PG Dip and PG Cert
You are required to take the following module:
- Fundamentals of Ultrasound (30 credits)
MSc, PG Dip and PG Cert
In addition, you are required to take one module from a range of optional modules, which may typically include:
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology (30 credits)
- General Medical Ultrasound (30 credits)
- Negotiated Learning in Medical Ultrasound (30 credits)
- Negotiated Learning with Clinical Proficiency in Medical Ultrasound (30 credits) - not available for PG Cert students
If you are a PG Cert student, the modules you take will lead to different awards. The awards are: Medical Ultrasound (Obstetrics & Gynaecology), Medical Ultrasound (General Medical) or Medical Ultrasound (Management of the Ultrasound Service).
King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study.
- Part time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.