Our MSc International Management programme focuses on management and its environment in China and includes high-level courses in international management and finance disciplines. It draws upon China experts and management specialists within the University and from positions within commerce, finance and government.
The core modules enable you to study the principles and applications of international management and the interplay between global and local factors influencing management in China. You can use the optional modules to focus on either management skills that can be applied worldwide or specialise in understanding the Chinese business environment. The programme combines the study of China with close attention to the business worlds of Hong Kong and Taiwan.
For those who choose to, this programme also offers the opportunity to learn Chinese - either at an introductory level or at an advanced level for business purposes. No knowledge of Chinese is required to complete the MSc programme successfully, since English language materials are used. Why study MSc International Management (China) at SOAS
- We're ranked 11 in the UK and 2 in London for Business and Management by the Guardian University league table 2019
- Programmes are delivered by a multicultural and international teaching body, who regularly publish in top international journals
- You will develop an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy
- We are specialists in the delivery of more that forty African and Asian languages. As the economies of the Global South continue to expand, knowledge of another language and other cultures will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade
- You will be joining our thriving community of alumni and academics who have an impact on the world outside of academia
- You will be able to flexibly structure your programme using our optional modules and/or optional modules from other departments, including the opportunity to learn a regional language
This programme has a first-rate graduate employability record, with graduates having moved on to work for a range of organisations such as Bloomberg, the Government of Canada and Saatchi and Saatchi.
- Overview duration: One calendar year full-time; two calendar years part-time
- Fees 2019/20 UK/EU fees:
Who should take this course
Students must take 180 credits. These are composed of 120 taught credits comprising core and optional modules and a 60 credit dissertation.
Option modules are divided into Chinese Managerial Environment and General Management options. Students are encouraged to combine courses from both in order to build an understanding of the local business and cultural environment.
About Course Provider
Our mission is to inspire the next generation to develop ideas for a fairer and more sustainable world. We welcome the brightest minds from over 130 different countries, creating a community that is diverse, vibrant and multinational. From day one at our central London campus, our students are encouraged to challenge conventional views and think globally – and that’s one of the reasons why they develop careers that make a real difference. A SOAS student is typically passionate about their subject, opts to learn a second language, loves to learn, to travel, to be surprised; and is interested and engaged with the world around them.