Our Pharmaceutical Technology MSc offers you world-class teaching in formulation and drug delivery from internationally renowned scientists. This course has a strong scientific base, designed specifically to improve the skills of pharmacists and graduates with life sciences, chemistry and chemical engineering backgrounds. You will gain hands-on practical experience with some of the most advanced techniques and instruments, and conduct research with experts in the field.
- We are ranked 9th in the world for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018).
- Well-equipped laboratories give you lots of 'hands-on' time with a range of modern techniques and instruments.
- You will learn about the art of developing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients into medicinal products.
- Opportunity to undertake an extended project of your choosing in the labs of internationally- rated scientists.
Who should take this course
Minimum 2:1 first degree or overseas equivalent in pharmacy, chemical engineering, chemistry, materials or other relevant subject.
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
You are required to take:
- Principles of Drug Delivery and Drug Disposition (30 credits)
- Core Analytical Sciences (15 credits)
- Advanced Analytical Techniques, Numerical Methods and Regulatory Affairs (15 credits)
- Drug Delivery: Solid Dosage Forms (30 credits)
- Drug Delivery: Liquid Dosage Forms and Microbiology (30 credits)
- Research Project (60 credits)
Part time students would take Principles of Drug Discovery & Drug Disposition and Drug Delivery: Liquid Dosage Forms & Microbiology in Year 1 and the remaining modules in Year 2.
King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study.
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.