The Physiotherapy (pre-registration) MSc is a clinically-orientated study course, with over 1,000 hours of professional practice and rigorous academic content. This course is an ideal study pathway for science graduates wishing to become physiotherapists, and will also provide eligibility for applying for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- King's Health Partners is one of the UK's five Academic Health Science Centres, bringing together a world-leading research led university (King's College London) and three successful NHS Foundation Trusts (Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley).
- Quality partnership working with physiotherapy practice partners ensures graduates have the knowledge, skills and personal attributes required by the NHS and other employers.
- Innovative collaborative teaching partnerships in physiotherapy with Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
- Established study pathway of inter-professional learning opportunities with other healthcare professional students in both the classroom and practice.
Who should take this course
Minimum 2:1 first degree in biomedical sciences or relevant disciplines such as Psychology and Sports Science. Applicants with other degrees will be assessed on their merits.
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 270 credits.
You are required to take the following Foundation modules:
- Movement and Exercise (30 credits)
- Understanding musculoskeletal problems (30 credits)
- Understanding cardiorespiratory problems (15 credits)
- Understanding neurological problems (15 credits)
You are also required to take the following master's modules:
- Reflections on Current Practice 1 (15 credits)
- Reflections on Current Practice 2 (30 credits)
- Physiotherapy Practice (45 credits)
- Rehabilitation & Exercise (45 credits)
- Physiotherapy Research Project (45 credits)
King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to- date, innovative and relevant courses of study.
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.