Our Russia in Global Systems MSc focuses on the challenges involved in Russia's global engagement and integration. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the interlocking reform challenges that have faced Russia in recent decades, comprehensive knowledge of Russian current events and an understanding of a range of disciplinary and theoretical approaches to policy and academic analysis, with an emphasis on Russian foreign policy and global policy towards Russia.
- The only Russian foreign policy course in the UK embedded in a truly global studies context.
- Quality research-based teaching in a breadth of fields, with unique opportunities to engage with policy practitioners throughout the course.
- Unparalleled opportunity to study Russia in a world-spanning context, amidst King's Global Institutes.
- Draws on our network of connections, including a wide range of academic links with Russian universities and academic organisations, as well as Russian and international businesses, government agencies, international organisations and others.
Who should take this course
Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours in a relevant subject. Your professional qualifications and experience may be taken into account. A working knowledge of Russian is welcome but not obligatory.
Courses are divided into modules, and students on this course take modules totalling 180 credits. King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study.
You are required to take the following modules:
- Contemporary Russian Politics & Policy (40 credits)
- Practice of Policymaking in Contemporary Russia (20 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
In addition are you required to the following module:
- Russia & the EU (20 credits)
You are also required to take one of the following modules:
- Politics of Energy Security in Eurasia (20 credits) or
- Governance & Economic Growth in Transition (20 credits)
In addition, you are required to take one 20 credits from a range of optional modules, which may typically include:
- European Identities & the EU (20 credits)
- New and Emerging Security Threats in the Post-Soviet Space (20 credits)
- Power & Social Conflict (20 credits)
- Communication in Crisis: State-Citizen Relations in Societies under Stress (20 credits)
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.