Job description / Role
Coordinate the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) process, including the customer experience, expectations and communications relating to CDD.
Engage existing clients in the collection of detailed client information and supporting documentation, for large and or complex cases, required for the completion of the CDD profile for the immediate back-book refresh activity as well as periodic reviews and reviews which are trigger generated.
The role will ensure Relationship Managers have sufficient information to understand Financial Crime Risks.
• Liaise with the client to gather detailed client information and supporting documentation required to complete the CDD profile
• including Financial Crime Risk Review (FCRR) and Know Your Customer (KYC)
• Review and check for completeness of CDD information and supporting documentation before submitting the case to CDD Operations for review and approval
• Act as a point of escalation for Service Delivery and escalate a case to the Relationship Manager if the client is not cooperating
Average time review is open on workflow
‘Input quality’ metric
Customers / Stakeholders
• Request and follow-up with the client for outstanding information and documentation; including KYC/CDD and signed account opening documents
• Handle requests for additional information from CDD Operations and liaise further with the client as required
• Ensure Customer Turn Around Times (TAT) are agreed, and the associated SLA’s are visible and managed with all involved parties
• How satisfied was the customer (survey with questions linked to CM – more appropriate at an aggregated team level)
• Justifiable complaints from customers
• Direct feedback from Customer
• Call monitoring score
• Avoidable abandonment rate
• Feedback from manager
• Feedback from Internal stakeholders
• Speed /Predictability
• % of cases achieved within defined SLAs
• Number of cases completed per time period
• Adherence to “fast track” SLAs
• CDD resubmission rate
Leadership & Teamwork
• Be an active member of the team and a strong team-player
• Act as a role model to the junior team member, guiding and coaching them.
• Demonstrate expected core behaviors and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination
• Be flexible and dynamic with support to the wider team
• Strong communication both upwards and at peer level
• Act as an ambassador for the team and contribute fully to its development, effectiveness and success
• Strive for continuous improvement
• Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
• Build effective internal and external relationships
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Ensure complex information provided by the customer is disseminated and re-articulated into a clear format to confirm our understanding and provide clarity for over records.
• Ensure that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in the correct and consistent format
• Maintain a strong control environment
• Maintain an environment in which compliance and risk control are a key performance criteria
• Control of workflow processes, adhering to all associated procedures
• Actively participate in the development and refinement of the internal control/process environment to optimize the customer service proposition whilst maintaining the above
Use of Global Process templates
• Number of returns from CDD, Compliance (or other internal areas)
• Audit findings (feedback from QA function)
• Adhere to all relevant procedures, keep appropriate, accurate and complete records and, where appropriate, complete the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
The job holder is responsible for delivering a best in class customer review experience, for our top tier clients, managing the expectations of the customer and all key stakeholders, prioritising actions and ensuring all service level agreements are met. They will be engaging with senior managers and customers on a daily basis, so strong fluid communications and organisational skills are paramount.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
Working within a centre of excellence, providing first in class support to our business segments and customers, guiding them through the due diligence journey for the first time.
The role holder will report into a team leader and work as part of a wider CDD Team.
The team with be divided into segment dedicated teams aligned to the skills and expertises required for different customer types.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required by the business and ensure the impact on operational risk is assessed in all that they do.
The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the probability of operational risk occurring, and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy; containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and liaising with the Compliance department to review new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. They will also need to ensure adequate resources are in place and training is provided where required, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
• Commercial banking knowledge (preferably LC and Multinationals)
• Commercial awareness
• Strong awareness of regulatory requirements
• A record of successful accomplishment in providing consistently outstanding customer service.
• Language requirements (based on local needs)
• Proven track record in a client focused environment
• Proven record of delivery within challenging timescales
• Stakeholder management (External & Internal)
• Good knowledge of mandates and documentation requirement to confirm legal validity
• Advanced ability to understand legal entity types and complex group structures
• Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels
• Excellent planning, organisation and time management abilities
• Ability to be flexible, manage priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure
• Receptive to change
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion
• Drive and resilience
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently when required
• Ability to have difficult conversations
• Conflict management
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise
• Ability and willingness to pick-up commercial banking
• Diligence in formal written communication
About the Company
Founded in 1865 to finance trade between Asia and the West, today HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations serving around 38 million customers worldwide. Our aim is to be acknowledged as the world's leading and most respected international bank.
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around 37 million customers through four global businesses:
- Commercial Banking
- Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Global Banking and Markets
- Global Private Banking
Our network covers 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.