Job description / Role
The Executive Chef manages all kitchen operations and staff on a daily basis to ensure a consistent, high quality food product. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas including Banquets, Room Service, Restaurants, Bar/Lounge and associate cafeteria. As a department head, directs and works with hotel management team and hotel associates to successfully execute all kitchen operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Job Specific Tasks
- Ensures compliance with all food and beverage policies, standards and policies
- Actively involved with training associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent/clean plate presentation.
- Recognizes exceptional quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal codes.
- Maintains and documents all recipes which are utilized on the property
- Calculates accurate theoretical and weighted food costs.
- Estimates daily/weekly needs of kitchen production and communicates this information to the kitchen staff.
- Maintains kitchen procedures to minimize waste.
- Knows and implements all of the food safety standards.
- Follows proper food handling procedures and maintains all foods at the correct temperature.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures all associates understand and comply with loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide customer service.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with the team.
- Manages associate progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures.
- Ensures associates maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Interacts with Sous Chef and department on training regarding food knowledge and menu composition.
- Works on menu development for catering and restaurant/bar operations.
- Manages areas of responsibility to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Participates in budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Manages departmental controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Understands the impact the kitchen operations on the overall hotel financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.