Job description / Role
Responsible for applying their knowledge of engineering technology to design agricultural structures, machinery, equipment, and processes.
• Perform in the agricultural industry to design structures, equipment, and processes.
• Work in areas such as power systems and machinery design, structural and environmental engineering, and food and bioprocess engineering.
• Develop ways to conserve soil and water.
• Improve the processing and storage of agricultural products.
• Perform extensive research and development.
• Supervise production of machinery.
• Specify functional requirements during development phase.
• Integrate components into the final design.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
• Estimate cost, reliability, and safety.
• Test products thoroughly for safety issues and defects.
• Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
• Generate specifications for parts.
• Control the efficiency of processes.
• Supervise production of aerial vehicles.
• Ensure designed systems function reliably and for a long time.
• Use computer engineering programs.
• Design performance upgrades as needed.
• Design products to increase the production of farm products.
• Design farmhouses, barns, and other shelters.
• Plan sanitation, ventilation, and heating systems.
• Create power machines used for tilling, fertilization, and harvesting.
• Develop pesticide control products and machinery.
• Design an electric power system.
• Develop ways to use power for curing and drying crops.
• Design irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems.
• Solve technical problems that affect agricultural efficiency and production
• Engineering experience
• A thorough understanding of biological science that helps to plan, and complete essential projects related to land use and soil and water conservation
• Math skills such as calculus, trigonometry, and geometry for analysis, design, and troubleshooting
• Industrial design skills which supports designing agricultural equipment that is safer and more efficient is another key duty
• Analytical thinking to understand the complex agricultural systems that include machinery, equipment, workers, plants, animals, and environmental settings
• Communication skills which enables to successfully converse with other contractors, clients, and engineers to solve challenges is a requirement for agricultural engineers
• BA degree in Agricultural Engineering or Biological Engineering
About the Company