Job description / Role
As a food technologist, it’s your job to make sure food products are produced safely, legally and to the quality claimed. You could be involved in developing the manufacturing processes and recipes of food products and may work on existing and newly discovered ingredients to invest ne recipes and concept.
You will often work closely with the product development teams to help deliver factory-ready recipes, based on development kitchen samples. Keeping up with ever-changing food production regulations will be an essential part of your job.
As a food technologies, you’ll need to:
• Develops new and improved methods and system for food processing, production, quality control, packaging and distribution.
• Studies methods to improve quality of foods, such as flavors, colors, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical and microbiological composition of foods.
• Modify existing products and processes and develop new one.
• Check and improve safety and quality control procedures from the raw material stage through to the finished product.
• Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts.
• Select raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
• Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
• Develops food standards, safety and sanitary regulations and waste management and water supply specifications.
• Run trials of new products – either alongside or together with product development.
• Coordinate launches of new products.
• Deal with any customer complaint investigations or product issues.
• Compile, check and approve product specifications and labelling.
• Undertake long-term projects with other departments, such as reducing waste by improving efficiency.
• Work on packaging innovation and technology.
• Conduct experiments and produce sample products
• Degree in food technology, or in food science or in food engineering and 5 year’s working experience in the field
• Food, nutrition, and health.
• Food safety and quality management.
• Preferred experience in pasta processing.
• Develop the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety.
• Liaise with technical and commercial colleagues in procurement, sales, technical services and marketing and distribution, and with official food inspection and hygiene agencies (this takes up a considerable proportion of time on the manufacturing side).
• Work with engineering and production to develop solutions to production issues, while maintaining food safety.
About the Company
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Factory Manager (Food & Beverage)
Middle East Executive
Alpha International Factory Industrial Food Co.
|Al Kharj||14 Apr|
Quality Assurance Lab Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 May|
Plant Manager/Production Manager
Black Pearl Consult
Nestle Middle East