Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Control Head to be the primary focal point for our field Pasta manufacturing business in YONI-BEN – COMERCIO INDUSTRIA, LDA, based in Luanda, Angola. Work with Quality Control Head to ensure product safety and the quality of all products in the Flour mill and Pasta Factory. Assist in product safety, product quality and cost reduction projects. This position requires a working knowledge of the following: moisture analysis, water activity, granulation, good manufacturing practices regarding food safety, strong knowledge of Wheat Flour mill & pasta production and raw material quality.
Responsible for performing all work within established Quality Assurance and corporate safety guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting analytical results of products and raw materials including alerting out of compliance results
• Assist in administering the Company's Quality Program in accordance with customer and company requirements.
• Review and develop QA procedures
• Regular review of production and receiving records
• Sensory evaluation, visual inspection, and analyses (Organoleptic, Moisture, Water Activity) of raw ingredient and finished product samples
• Maintain sample retain library
• Assist in troubleshooting product discrepancies
• Internal audits
• Maintain lab safety
• Conduct environmental analyses
• Conduct titration analysis of sanitation chemicals
• Coordinate microbial analysis of raw ingredients and finished products
• Participate in finished goods hold/release system
• Conduct tasks in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices.
• Lend technical support to production, sales, and business unit managers
• Assist in customer complaint resolution and communication
• Assist in the compliance with all appropriate third-party audits such as Angola food safety police, Safe Food/Safe Feed and HACCP.
• Inspected ingredients and followed process from beginning to end to ensure all products met safe quality food standards.
• Assured conformance to Safe Quality Food initiative.
• Enforced all company GMP's policies and procedures to produce the highest quality food product efficiently.
• Create & Maintain production documents including, archival storage & organization, master document storage, certificates of analysis.
• Perform other duties as required
• More than 5 years’ experience in quality control and assurance in wheat flour mill and pasta & macaroni production industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering/ Food engineering/ chemistry/ food technology and related field preferred.
• A background in manufacturing and processing environments is desired.
• Proven analytical strengths and experience.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information and respond to questions from customers, managers.
• Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, time management and prioritization to achieve results
• Strong computer skills
• Experience in writing reports
• Ability to react quickly to changing requirements
• Laboratory analysis
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to accommodate flexibility in the work schedule.
• Customer Focus
• Customer Service
• Job Knowledge
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Results Focus
• Technical Skills
About the Company