Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice on Head of finance Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles Liaise with our Head of finance to improve financial procedures
• Minimum 5 years’ Experience as chief or senior accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends Familiarity with financial accounting statements Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process Hands-on experience with accounting software packages.
• Advanced MS Excel skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred Odoo knowledge an advantage.
About the Company
|Al Ain||25 Nov|
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|
Etisalat - UAE