Job description / Role
• This position is responsible for leading the Appliances and Cookware Procurement team, which includes working with centralized commodity teams on strategic planning and sourcing initiatives, driving daily operations to ensure continuity of supply to each manufacturing facility and managing exposure to price fluctuations while supporting development initiatives.
• This role will manage, mentor and guide local resources to optimize supply, ensure supplier alignment with all quality requirements and drive productivity initiatives to meet corporate directives.
• Appliances and Cookware has a total direct material spend of approximately $260M in addition to $40M in domestic finished goods.
• This position will be responsible for managing the supply chain for non-center led direct materials as well as all domestic finished goods, which combined is approximately 50% of total spend.
• This position will also be responsible to ensure divisional alignment with all corporate policy/guidance as it relates to supplier management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead local team to ensure the highest quality and lowest cost of inbound materials for Appliances and Cookware manufacturing operations
• Work with materials and quality teams in each manufacturing facility to ensure best on time delivery and fill rate objectives are met
• Work in conjunction with IT and other operations groups to support systemic process changes in ERP platform across facilities
• Work with centralized teams to develop and refine management reporting tools to clearly communicate both tactical operational efforts and long term strategic plans for sourcing
• Drive year-over-year productivity improvements in Quality, Delivery and Cost, while aligning division needs with corporate objectives
• Establish development programs for members of Procurement organization
• Partner with business units to collaboratively support new product introductions for all manufactured product launches
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelors of Science degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field from an accredited university; Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience managing operations and/or procurement functions, preferably in a consumer goods environment
• Demonstrated experience in developing short term and long-term goals and building a team to drive those goals.
• Technical skills in material and inventory management, preferably with a manufacturing environment
• Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within a team environment
• Strong skills working in a team environment.
• Must have experience maintaining high level of activity working with several projects simultaneously.
• Strong commitment to the highest standard of personal and professional integrity
• Self-motivated with the ability to succeed with little supervision
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.