Job description / Role
• Maintains complete understanding of the design, operation, and maintenance requirements of the various mechanical systems in use at their designated work place location. Such systems shall include all MEP trades, life-safety systems such as fire protection alarms and sprinklers, drainage systems, and utilities.
• Develops and maintains an inspection and maintenance schedule for each aforementioned system, to assure each operates within design capabilities.
• Prepares and maintains complete service records for all building systems and equipment.
• Oversees and inspects the work of outside contractors for interior/exterior work.
• Functions as a “troubleshooter” to provide timely responses to urgent issues when and as they arise, to assure associate productivity is not negatively impacted, and minimize “down” time.
• Assures compliance and adherence to any and all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives.
• Maintains exterior of building to assure appropriate safety and presentation standards.
• Maintains the building lighting system, including lamp and ballast repairs/replacements.
• Provides budget forecasts to management for maintenance tasks, and anticipated annual repairs, for the purpose of establishing an operating budget.
• Establishes a competitive bidding system for building services, to assure pricing for basic repairs, materials and service contracts are kept competitive and fair.
• Reviews assigned work orders from building management team, and estimates time and material needed to complete repairs/work scopes requested. Orders necessary materials and supplies as needed to complete, or solicits multiple competitive bids when and as necessary.
• Performs carpentry, locksmith tasks, and general “handy” work as needed.
• Manages all related duties and activities while serving as the Fire Life Safety Director.
• Attractive Salary Package
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience as an on-site engineer in a multi-story Manhattan location of at least 50,000 square feet
• Possess or successfully complete the NY Fire Safety Director Certification
• Ability to respond rapidly in emergency situations
• Fluency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to review and read plans
• Degree in construction, project management, or other construction-related field
• Certification in HVAC and refrigeration systems, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project, or similar construction management software
• Ability to perform basic welding
• Demonstrated project management skills, including an ability to drive consensus, generate creative solutions to meet deadlines, and maintain a positive, service-oriented attitude
• Proven ability to make prudent, independent decisions with limited supervision
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.