Polymeric materials are nowadays employed in a multitude of applications due to their wide spectrum of chemical physical and mechanical properties. For this reason polymeric materials play an important role onthe chemical industry and more in general on the global economy. This programme provides a bird's eyevision about the methods to produce different typologies of polymers and about the processing techniquesused to obtain valuable finished products.
Who should take this course
Trainee process engineers, specialists polymer engineers, material engineers, chemical engineers, process engineers, chemists operators, managers and other professionals working within the Polymer industry thatneed to build broaden or update their knowledge about polymer science and technology. The level of the examples and exercises can be adjusted in order to meet the experience and requirements ofthe participants.
- Explanation about the terminology used
- Classification of the polymers
- Most common polymers and their application
- Polymer characterization
- Stress-strain curve
- Polymer constitution conformation and configuration
- Polymer morphology
- Polymer crystallinity
- Molar mass distribution
- Degree of polymerization
- Polymer in solution
- Glass transition temperature
- Melt flow index
- Addition vs Condensation polymerization
- Chain-growth vs Step-growth polymerization
- Suspension polymerization
- Solution polymerization
- Emulsion polymerization
- Bulk polymerization
- Polymer blending
- Polymer processing methods
- Extrusion process
- Moulding process (injection moulding, blow moulding, rotational moulding)
- Production of reinforced resins
- Filament winding
- Polymer functionalization
- Polymer degradation and environmental issues
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.