Job description / Role
• Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
• Oversee the hiring, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of professional staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Regional Management team.
• Review the P&L Report monthly and partner with the Hospital Medical Director to increase revenue and limit expenses; work with home office to prepare and submit the yearly budget (budget forecast, operating plan, cap-ex expenditures) and participate in the evaluation process with Regional Management team.
• Model an “owner” mentality in hospital by demonstrating a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
• Minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Supervise the administration and case review of client medical complaints.
• Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
• We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
• 2 to 3 years of customer service and financial budget management experience.
• Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
• The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.