Job description / Role
• Support the development and implementation of a World Class NA Procurement Organization and manage the Procurement function for the South East Region to become a collaborative results-oriented, and high performance team
• Develop employees according to the company’s values and guidelines.
• Responsible for support of Direct Materials Supply Base management (i.e. Develop and optimize a Target Panel Supply Base in conjunction with the Director of Procurement TNA & Commodity managers). This would include, but not be limited to, cascading down Global and Regional sourcing strategies to the South East Regional Operations, collaboration with Procurement Peers, monthly purchasing reporting, pricing and payment terms negotiation, defining business allocation per supplier for local key products, monthly raw material pricing follow up, pricing formulas, contract negotiations with suppliers, etc.
• Work with TNA R&D and Manufacturing Functions in line with NA SVP Operations’ business strategy to develop and support the raw materials productivity priorities and standardization for the TNA division.
• Work closely with Global Category Managers & Regional Commodity Managers do define and implement Global Group and Regional Purchasing strategies for the main Raw Materials by providing key information from the perspective division
• Participate in organizing at least two “Supplier Days” jointly with the Director of Procurement TNA, TNA Procurement team and NA R&D function to have key suppliers providing information regarding new technologies and new materials to the NA R&D team as a means of remaining current.
• NA Procurement will jointly manage with Manufacturing, the business allocation and key resin & raw material substitution among different NA plants ensuring the company’s NA Raw Materials’ optimization and cost reductions
• Participate in the “Group Purchasing Conventions” and TNA Procurement Conventions to exchange information, increase synergies, align purchasing strategies, and enhance cooperation among the Divisions and Regional businesses to create a Group and Regional Team Spirit.
• Support the Development of strategic, sustainable partnerships with key suppliers in NA to ensure the company’s competitive advantage
• Support the development of NA Indirect Procurement Activities to reach the NA Division’s productivity targets / cost reductions
• Responsible for “Make vs. Buy” analysis and supplier development to support his/her perspective Region and the TNA Division
• Work Closely with Plant Materials Managers / Operations to ensure that any opportunities in raw material substitutions are done in full respect of the testing and approval procedure prior to usage in production.
• Key Participant in the company’s North America Strategy development to build global initiatives into local actions: identify future trends and assess strategies for the procurement function as it relates to the Region and TNA Division.
• Lead procurement special studies/analyses related to supply base trends, and competitor trends/strategies (benchmarking)
• Lead development of content and create presentation material for organizational and external (including supplier) communications
• Provide support to the Director of Procurement TNA, Operations Managers, and Executive Steering Committee, including Business Plan Review (BPR) and Budget Process
• Promote Corporate Objectives and change initiatives, ensuring that the team is supporting overall company direction and growth.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Minimum 10 years of experience working in/with a global procurement organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage the successful creation and execution of a strategy, operating budget and staffing plan to support customer and company goals
• Proven ability to effectively lead in a matrix organizational structure, working with multiple internal clients
• Highly creative approach with the drive to continually innovate, together with an exceptional history of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
• Strong team playing skills and a highly collaborative approach
• Proven ability to drive transformational change
• Solid People-development skills
• Excellent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
• Well-developed, solution-oriented procurement skills
• Must possess the ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s in Business Administration or Engineering is a plus
• Procurement Certifications a plus
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.