Job description / Role
Our Client, one of the best known construction companies operating throughout Azerbaijan, urgently requires an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to become immediately involved in the effective commercial management of a major construction project in Baku.
• Conducting feasibility studies, advising on procurement strategies and contract selection, writing and undertaking procurement reports. Applying the value management techniques at the outset of a project.
• Ensuring contractual terms and conditions for suppliers and sub-contractors are administered.
• Overseeing the assessment of EWN’s and compensation events.
• Providing regular cash flow forecast of expenditure.
• Providing executive month end reports to the Construction Director
• Reporting expenditure against the incentive / cash flow target on a monthly basis to the Construction Director.
• Managing the change management process consult with other functions to assess changes and risks to the overall project out-turn.
• Producing a monthly consolidated cost/expenditure report for the section of the project.
• Reviewing potential contractor and supplier claims the adjudication of claims and make recommendations for settlement, where necessary.
• Overseeing the finalisation of contractor’s accounts and closeout contracts for the project.
• Overseeing the raising of consultant, supplier or contractor instructions as necessary for signature by approved parties.
• Overseeing the financial contingency built into packages and ensure that contingency allowances reflect the current programme position.
• Providing commercial input to tender documentation as necessary.
• Overseeing the cost analysis of bid returns.
• Overseeing tender returns from contractors received on an open book basis and lead negotiation of two-stage fixed price.
• Overseeing the payment of contractors.
• Ensuring all instructions issued by the project / construction manager are reviewed for cost implications.
• Supporting the change control process and assist in identifying the cost implications of any proposed changes.
• Overseeing the preparation of final accounts for all contracts packages.
USD 10,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + Accommodation, flights, healthcare, mobilisation assistance
• MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
• Strong quantity surveying experience working for main contractors.
• Experience working on large hotel, commercial or residential projects.
• Exposure to the international market is an advantage, however candidates looking to embark on their first overseas assignment will also be considered.
This position offers long term career continuity within a high successful and expanding organisation.
The expatriate package on offer is excellent. It includes a generous tax free salary, accommodation allowance, flight tickets, medical insurance and mobilisation assistance.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.
Contracts & Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||26 Jan|
Senior Commercial Manager
|Saudi Arabia||9 Jan|
Senior Commercial Manager