Job description / Role
My client is a Design Office in Bahrain specialized in high end residential projects. We pride ourselves in being able to adapt to projects and to the client's need.
Essential requirements and Role Outline:
• We are recruiting an experienced 2d Draftsman with a strong technical background. Ideal candidate will have experience in joinery for high-end, luxury design field.
• The candidate must be able to consistently demonstrate to create and deliver accurate detailed drawings.
• The candidate must have experience with in joinery construction trade or fitout contractor; the candidate must have a creative approach for design and a wide range of 2D skills and techniques.
• To be a strong team player, and as well to work independently.
• The candidate will be responsible for designing and providing technical solutions based on design concepts as well as visual information and technical specifications to develop detailed package to tender, with a strong understanding and knowledge of joinery methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create technical drawings for shop build and/or subcontractor fabrication based on designer drawings, layouts, and rendering to tender stage
• Have the ability to draft detailed assembly/installation drawings
• Actively communicate with the design team site team during the fit out phase
• Works closely with interior designers to meet the schedule for tender
• Monitor quality control and review shop drawings from the subcontractors for approval
• Eye for design aesthetic
• Build library of knowledge of previous designs
• Have an understanding and experience in furniture design detail drawings
• Understand the whole process from Concept to handover of an high end interior design project
• Taking accurate brief from the design team to create 2D renderings and visualisations for contracted projects per the client brief
• Demonstrate a passion for detail in technical drawing and interest in fabrication methods
• The candidate should have an interest in interior design
• The candidate will be the integral part of the core design team, to have the ability and confidence to speak up and share ideas
Qualifications and Experience:
• You have excellent AUTOCAD Skills
• You are proactive and engaged and see possibilities
• Preferably you have an architectural background
• You have an excellent eye for detail
• You are comfortable with working with competitions and deadlines, as part of a team and independently
• You are creative and interested in the interior and architectural projects and in exploring and developing design ideas together with the team
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering