Job description / Role
• Ensure that all purchases / services are accounted and systematically documented, and all payments are settled, according to Hotel Policies & Procedures.
Maintain close liaison with:
• General Accountant - regarding reporting of current status of payables ledger.
• Purchasing Officer - to resolve problems, pertaining to purchases, and purchase orders.
• Storekeeper and Receiver - to resolve any problems concerning returned items, Credit Notes, etc.
• Possess ability to deal effectively with all levels of management within the hotel and to accomplish objectives through personal relationships in areas where little formal authority exists.
• Check receiving report received for the day and;
• Cross check of invoices against Purchase Orders:
- Check authorized signatories in the invoices
- Check total amount of Receiving report against the total amount of invoices received
• Posting Invoices:
- Post each invoice to its respective supplier accounts
- Post as per batch, e.g. food items to Food Inventory Account etc.
- Take printout after every posting for future reference
- Update Purchase Ledger
• Prepare cheques for payment:
- Receive outstanding account statement, from suppliers and reconcile with hotel records
- Select invoices due for payment
- Post all invoices to create provisional payment list
- Check all invoices for provision for payment list
- If all is correct, proceed and print the cheques
- Print all supporting back-ups like payment summary, remittance report and cheque list
- Give the cheques with complete back-ups to Chief Accountant for final checking
- Secure Controller & General Manager's approval for payment
- Inform supplier when cheque is ready for collection
• Prepare payment for foreign suppliers / travel agency commission:
- Prepare bank requisition for demand draft
- Give the requisition to the Chief Account for checking and obtain approval from the Controller & General Manager
- Send requisition to the Bank thru the General Cashier
- Hand-over the draft to the Secretary for letter attachment & mailing
• Post all Manual Cheques:
- Post all payment done thru manual cheques
- For every voucher posted, write down the supplier's number on the right hand corner of the voucher
- Allocate all postings done
- Take printout
• Post all Petty Cash:
- All petty cash vouchers received from the General Cashier should be checked thoroughly, i.e., approval and back-up if necessary
- Code individual petty cash voucher and pass to the Chief Accountant for checking.
- Post and take printout for attachment
- Prepare cheque and pass for approval
- Give the cheque to the General Cashier for disbursement
• Verify that Ibis standard purchase specifications are followed on a continuing basis and check daily quotation sheets prices with invoiced prices.
• Ensure that all payments are posted and allocated on a timely basis.
• Check Incoming tray:
- Check other invoices not entered in the Receiving Report
- Obtain payment approval from Department Head concerned
- Follow-up any discrepancies
• Prepare supplier's age analysis at the closing of the month.
• Ensure that all TA commissions are paid as per policy.
• Reconcile accounts on a timely basis and send for review to the Financial Controller.
• Maintain proper filing and adhere to the record retention report as per hotel policy.
• Attend monthly meetings and provide and suggest policy and procedure improvements.
• Show behaviour will be geared in a way so as to represent the hotel in the best possible way at all times and be punctual at work.
• Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information is properly safeguarded and is not removed from the office.
• Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
• Perform other related duties as assigned:
- Collect all cash/ cheque collections of the hotel from front office drop safe on daily basis and ensue all monies are deposited in hotel bank account in accordance with the policies procedures laid down by the Hotel.
- Ensure that payroll matters are promptly attended to. Main tasks include payroll preparation, addition and deduction to payroll, submission of reports to the Chief Account before monthly closing, verifying the Overtime Authorisation, additions and deletions of staff and filing of documents.
- Hold under direct responsibility a cash float, for petty cash disbursement, in the Hotel as per the laid down policies and procedures.
• Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Economy, Finance, Accounting Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
• Collection and deposit of days cash in Hotel Bank account.
• On daily basis collects all cash/cheque envelops from the front office drop box, as per the hotel policy.
• Ensure that total cash/cheque collection agree with the total shown in daily report.
• Count all bank notes/cheques, fill up the required bank deposit slips, and physically deposit all collections as per the hotel policy.
• All deposit slips acknowledged by the bank are handed over to the General Accountant, immediately after deposit is done.
• Collect bank account statement (or printout from system if online facility is available) and reconcile all deposits done and direct payments received in the bank on daily basis.
• Custody of Cash Float - General Cashier Cash Float
• Will directly be responsible for the Cash Float issued and ensure all disbursement from the Petty Cash Float is done as per the hotel Policies and procedures.
• Prepare the required summary for reimbursement of the Cash Float as per the policy, and obtain the approval of the General Accountant and Financial Controller, before forwarding to Payables Accountant for the preparation of cheque.
• At the end of each day the Cash Float is counted and recorded in the presence of the General Accountant, with both signatures and is deposited in the hotel safe under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.