Job description / Role
- Provide an effective system to track Accounts Receivables for the activities of the Credit Manager.
- To understand thoroughly Sofitel objectives in managing Account Receivables
- Provide a summary of the ageing report required by various people in the Accounting and Control Division to prepare monthly reports.
- Provide Sales & Marketing staff and Heads of Departments with information necessary for them to manage their customers.
- To ensure that all transfers to City Ledger through Income Audit, Accounts Payable and General Ledger do agree with the control account.
- To ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits posted to the individual accounts.
- To ensure the room rate charged to travel agents are in accordance with the contract (if applicable).
- To ensure the group billings are complete as per contract.
- To prepare with proper supporting documents and forward to the Director of Finance / Assistant Director of Finance for review and signature all City Ledger Adjustments that need to be made before they are posted by the Front Office Clerk-Cashier.
- To ensure all invoices are dispatched to debtors within 48 hours.
- To ensure that returned checks are recorded in the City Ledger, that unapplied credit balances are reconciled and that minimal variances in payments are cleared at the time of receipt.
- To process invoices / folios promptly and to render interim and monthly statements and follow up reminders on a timely basis.
- To monitor and to maintain support of all advance deposits and to balance them to the general ledger at month-end.
- To reconcile accounts receivable trial balances with the general ledger control accounts each month and to ensure accurate aging.
- To transfer all permanent folios to city ledger at the month end.
- To prepare trial balance for employees' ledger and report to the Director of Finance for payroll deduction.
- To allocate credits transmitted by payroll journal to appropriate employee accounts.
- To allocate credits transmitted by the Daily General Cashier Report to appropriate accounts and keep all debtor accounts up-to-date.
- To initiate payment of travel agents commission on the basis of verified computer reports.
- To ensure all documents related to the section including the Sales and Office Rental contracts (if applicable), group orders and amendments etc., are properly filed for reference.
- To maintain an up-to-date systematic "Open Accounts" file for use by Accounts Receivable.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To assist the Credit Manager to trace and to collect any outstanding debt as instructed.
- To set up all city ledger accounts and to ensure that the discounts set are the same as those granted by the management.
- To be fully conversant with the Credit Policy & Procedures.
- To liaise with the Credit Manager at all time regarding guest queries, credit card charge backs and open balances and general credit terms under the direct supervision of the Chief Accountant.
- To witness General Cashier's counting monetary receipts remitted by Cashiers.
- To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To read and understand the hotel's Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Economy, Finance, Accounting Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.