Job description / Role
Our client is one of the leading financial institution looking to hire AML & Compliance Officer for Bahrain office.
• Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations
• Develop compliance standards and compliance monitoring and reporting mechanism.
• Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and assessing the severity of potential compliance risk.
• Monitoring implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of non-compliance items, and providing general guidance for avoiding such issues where required.
• Recommending or initiating investigations in response to any violations of rules and regulations.
• Act as a focal point for contact with regulators and other industry authorities.
• Ensuring that CBB reporting is done on a timely basis and updating/ maintaining all CBB correspondence;
• Conduct Client on Boarding and due diligence procedures.
• Daily/Monthly/Quarterly re-conciliation of client accounts with the data setup to ensure the right entity has been on-boarded.
• Client/ Customer KYC reviews and maintaining all necessary clients’ due diligence.
• Devise, deliver & monitor an effective Compliance & AML/CFT training program for staff on an annual basis to maintain competency in accordance with the CBB guidelines.
• Establishing and maintaining the AML/combating the financing of terrorism (CFT) policies and procedures.
• Act as the Company’s main point of contact in respect of handling any internal/external suspicious transactions.
• Making external reports to the relevant authority and the CBB.
Job Requirements :
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Compliance and AML.
• Bahraini or expatriate.
• Approved person by the CBB.
• Has work experience in banking/financial sector.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text.
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Compliance Officer / MLRO
Nexus Insurance Brokers
Head of Compliance & AML
Robert Half International (RHI)
Senior Compliance Officer / Analyst