One Vision for Consultancy
Job description / Role
Reports to: Technical Delivery Manager
Responsible for Web and applications development as per industry standards. The candidate must participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and support.
• Design and develop quality Web, Java and other bespoke applications to agreed schedules.
• Deliver all associated technical documentation.
• Support in-house applications and application environments, including the corporate Website and Internet Banking.
• Validate business requirements, assess the technical feasibility and produce a specification.
• Define Work Breakdown Structure, provide accurate estimates and define a plan for the execution of assigned tasks.
• Provide accurate impact assessment of proposed changes and initiatives.
• Perform System Testing and Systems Integration Testing and assist the business with UAT.
• Effectively communicate with business users and third parties, both formally and informally.
• Perform peer technical reviews.
• Maintain awareness of emerging technology trends.
Unique Knowledge & Skills
• 5+ years professional IT experience
• 3+ years project experience with some of the following technologies:
- WebSphere Portal server (WP)
- WebSphere Application server (WAS)
- WebSphere Content Management (WCM)
- Web Experience Factory (WebSphere Portlet Factory (WPF))
- Rational Application Developer (RAD)
• Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Directory Server preferred.
• BPM, SOA and Oracle knowledge preferred.
• At least one of the following certifications
- IBM Certified Solution Developer – WebSphere Portlet Factory
- IBM Certified Solution Developer – WebSphere Portal
- SUN Java Developer (confirm)
Problem Solving/ Decision Making
• Uses judgment based on practice and precedence
• Uses judgment based on the analysis of information
• Evaluates situations using multiple sources of information
Who (internal/external) does this position interact with on a regular basis to perform this role? How often and for what purpose?
• All levels of staff
• HQ staff
• Management and staff at Satellite/representative offices
About the Company
"One Vision for Consultancy" is a one stop professional service provider specialising in:
Employment Consultancy (Human Asset Recruitment & Talent Acquisition): Using a competency based frame work; we indentify the best candidates to fit your unique organisational needs. The objective is to ensure recruitment of high potential talent for long term retention with the capability of achieving succession planning in the organisation. We offer both contingency and retained search.
Our executive team, with their strong corporate and business backgrounds and track record of success, will help you identify and recruit candidates within a short time frame to meet your business needs and requirements. We source talent worldwide as required by specifics or as set by the client.
Facilities Managed Services: We provide staffing resources and services for short as well as long term basis to support front and back office requirements.
Computer Software Design Development and Maintenance: Our objective is to first and foremost understand our clients and their requirements. We work with business alliance partners who have experience, highly skilled technical professionals, a working methodology and good industry knowledge. We provide our clients with solutions that are capable of driving projects to successful completion and customer satisfaction. Provide onsite IT professional for IT maintenance, support, system study, development, implementation or consultancy.
Technical Assistance to maintenance and operations of facilities: System studies, design, develop, implement, support, maintain and manage operational plant services.
Staff augmentation of professionals for short and long term projects.