Job description / Role
Purpose of the Position:
Linguists will support to U.S. Army operations in Bahrain as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in their assigned area of responsibility, providing cultural perspective and understanding of the region's historical, political, sociological, and economic trends to select members of the senior leadership staff.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide operational contract linguist support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meeting, and conferences.
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications.
- Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess excellent command of BOTH Arabic and Persian-Farsi (target languages) & English verbal skills; Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) proficiency level 3 in target language and proficiency level 2+ in English based on oral language skills examination, and 2+ for English reading comprehension.
- Must hold a current U.S. passport. (Or apply as soon as accepted into the program).
- Must possess an active Secret clearance for access to classified information or be granted one prior to deployment.
- Must be willing to work in Bahrain and aboard Navy vessels for up to a few weeks at a time.
- Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 operations.
- Must have familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Must undergo medical examination and meet Army MOD15 requirements.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.