Job description / Role
• Full Administration of RDBMS (Oracle and SQL Server) and Spatial Database (ArcSDE)
• Administration and Maintenance of ArcGIS Database Replicas.
• Monitor user access and security
• Control access permissions and privileges
• Monitor database performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to users
• Upgrade or Install and test new versions of the database management system and ArcSDE
• Tune database parameters to ensure optimum operation
• Write database documentation
• Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans
• Ensuring that storage, back-up, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
• Work closely with GIS project managers, GIS Application Developers and Utility Engineers to achieve the optimum system performance.
• Perform SDE version management.
• Maintain and update logical and physical data models related to all GIS networks (spatial and schematic) along with their associated layer files.
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Windows Server and VM Administration
• Citrix Management:
- Citrix installation
- Citrix configuration
- Users security configuration
The required candidate should have the following credentials:
• ArcSDE/Database Administrator Qualifications & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science
• Certified as Oracle Administrator
• Familiarity with thin client tools such as Citrix and/or Windows Remote Terminal Services
• Familiar with ESRI and Schneider database design principles and data modeling
• Familiar with ESRI and Schneider data organization methodology and data management tools
• Familiar with database optimization and ArcSDE performance tuning
• Familiar with Oracle 11g/12C and SQL Server databases
• Excellent Troubleshooting and problem resolution activities
At least ten years of proven experience in ArcSDE/ORACLE administration including:
• Proficiency in software (Oracle, SQL Server, and ArcSDE) installation process, fine tuning and performance related activities
• Ability to administer clustered and non-clustered database
• Hands on experience with Oracle 11g and 12C
• Hands on experience with ArcSDE 10.1.x.
• Database Security and Backup implementation
Other essential skills:
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• Good communication skills
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to work seamlessly in a team environment
• Arabic Language is a plus
Updated CVs to be sent by March 05, 2019
About the Company
"One Vision for Consultancy" is a one stop professional service provider specialising in:
Employment Consultancy (Human Asset Recruitment & Talent Acquisition): Using a competency based frame work; we indentify the best candidates to fit your unique organisational needs. The objective is to ensure recruitment of high potential talent for long term retention with the capability of achieving succession planning in the organisation. We offer both contingency and retained search.
Our executive team, with their strong corporate and business backgrounds and track record of success, will help you identify and recruit candidates within a short time frame to meet your business needs and requirements. We source talent worldwide as required by specifics or as set by the client.
Facilities Managed Services: We provide staffing resources and services for short as well as long term basis to support front and back office requirements.
Computer Software Design Development and Maintenance: Our objective is to first and foremost understand our clients and their requirements. We work with business alliance partners who have experience, highly skilled technical professionals, a working methodology and good industry knowledge. We provide our clients with solutions that are capable of driving projects to successful completion and customer satisfaction. Provide onsite IT professional for IT maintenance, support, system study, development, implementation or consultancy.
Technical Assistance to maintenance and operations of facilities: System studies, design, develop, implement, support, maintain and manage operational plant services.
Staff augmentation of professionals for short and long term projects.