Job description / Role
• Review and analysis of Balance sheet schedules on monthly basis and insure that there are no long term pending items.
• Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement /schedules. Control and manage tax filling for all BU and insure compliance with Taxes law and regulation.
• Assist with annual external audit and internal auditors in completing audits and resolving any highlighted audit points.
• Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness especially for Inventory Management, review and reconcile AX inventory records with actuals and investigate variances.
• Coordinate and manage relations with Tax Consultants and external auditors.
• Review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
• Issue project cost reports for review and approval, follow-up on timely capitalization of Projects under process.
• Manage and control Fixed Assets, highlight any variances and investigate them.
• Support Finance Manager in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy.
• Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
• Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
• Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
• Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
• Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
BHD 900 to 1,200 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting
• Experience in an Entertainment / Retail Store organization
• Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels
• Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel
• Able to work independently and highly meticulous
• Relevant experience in audit and costing is an advantage
• Familiarity in IFRS
• Working experience in AX and Hyperion reporting system is highly regarded
• Budgeting, Forecasting, Compliance and Analytical ability skills / experience
• Financial reporting Background
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance/ACCA qualification is a plus
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Human Capital House
Assistant Manager - Accounting and Finance
Human Capital House
Head of Finance